LIVE Coral Princess Jan 5 - 21 Antarctica

jrblach

Not sure how this will post. This is the path taken on the 20 December cruise starting at Elephant Island. Captain McBain had  2 attempts to get into Esparanza Station until having to give up. He was able to take us into Paradise Bay before going into Neumaier Channel and then to Charlotte Bay after leaving Neumaier Channel. Hope y’all have a great time while cruising around the Peninsula. 

454BE42E-FDDB-4233-89B0-AD14941786ED.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Summerprincess said:

Do you mind if I ask what camera you are using for this shot?

Thank you for sharing the photo with us.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time!

It was shot with a Canon T7i. I’m also shooting with an Canon EOS R

1 hour ago, Wiusa said:

It was shot with a Canon T7i. I’m also shooting with an Canon EOS R

Thank you for your reply.

The photos you have posted are stunning; absolutely perfect! You are an excellent photographer as well as have really good gear.

Thank you for sharing with us.

2 hours ago, gottagocit said:

what length lens? I’m trying to understand how close to the ship the penguins were seen. 

was taken with a 400mm in the aft. They were swimming pretty close to the ship. Especially towards the front in the ships wake. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wiusa said:

was taken with a 400mm in the aft. They were swimming pretty close to the ship. Especially towards the front in the ships wake. 

Cool. Thanks. 
Have there been any whale sightings so far?

I have to share an insiders joke that my wife and I have laughed about so many times. We’ve taken 6 transatlantic and transpacific crossing along with various other cruises over the last 10 years or so. I can’t tell you how many times we’ve been eating a meal or sipping coffee somewhere onboard and have heard a small ruckus that begins with someone first spotting what “must be a whale” in the distance. Word spreads like wildfire for a few short seconds as others rush over to the window to get a glimpse often with cell phones raised in hopes of snapping a photo. In almost every case reality sets in as the “whale” turns out to be a random floating tree, limb or other piece of bobbing wood. We inevitably look at one another and softly proclaim “ahh the elusive tree whale”!  Lol. Sorry I digressed first a moment but it makes me smile even as I sit here typing this. 

Smooth sailing!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Summerprincess said:

Thank you for your reply.

The photos you have posted are stunning; absolutely perfect! You are an excellent photographer as well as have really good gear.

Thank you for sharing with us.

Have a great cruise next week!