Solo Dining

ChristianDamon

Hello solo cruisers. This is my first solo Carnival Cruise and would like to know your experiences dining solo.

I’ll probably skip the MDR because honestly I don’t want to be put with a group. I figure the chances of a two top are slim to none.

has anyone dined solo in the steakhouse? Or any speciality for that matter?

34 minutes ago, ChristianDamon said:

Hello solo cruisers. This is my first solo Carnival Cruise and would like to know your experiences dining solo.

I’ll probably skip the MDR because honestly I don’t want to be put with a group. I figure the chances of a two top are slim to none.

I've eaten at the Steakhouse on one night of every solo Carnival cruise I've taken   The other nights I've just eaten in the MDR, usually assigned to an 8 or 10 top.  If the Op doesn't want that experience, he can eat at the Steakhouse every night, or switch up to the buffet or Cucina (ugh) or any other dinner venue if available on the ship.  His cruise, his choice.

Hi - I travel solo and since I have taken Any Time Dining I end up at a 2 top pretty much every time. They also ask when you check in for Any Time I you want to sit with others.

You get a 2 top and are alone at all of the specialty restaurants.

34 minutes ago, ChristianDamon said:

All solo dining is easy as can be. If you do YTD, you can easily get a 2 top in the MDR. Just know your neighbors will be real close to you.

Also, depending on the ship, sometimes there is a bar where you can sit if you wish.

57 minutes ago, ChristianDamon said:

I've done it all solo. MDR, Steakhouse, Cucina, JiJis...and I have a reservation for Teppanyaki on my next cruise. For the MDR I do YTD and get there early. I figure out which table I like and request it each night. The tables I like are the chair on one side, booth seat on the other. Preferably on the end so there's only one table next to me. Usually by the 3rd time they know where to put me. Specialty is easy because I have a reservation for one. I usually go early as well and it's not crowded yet. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

My past two cruises were solo.  I got stuck with late assigned dining on the Glory(12/1/19) since I booked on Black Friday.  I got early assigned dining on the Valor(12/30/19).  I was assigned to a two person table each time without asking.  Both were the two chairs version.

I dined solo at JiJi on the Sunshine(2/10/19).  I was at a table in the back corner.  I can't remember if the table was for two or four.  My reservation was somewhere between 5:30pm and 6:00pm.