Carnival Sunshine - EARLIEST Charleston Disembarkation time ??

cruizer rick

The earliest they've let us off is around 8:00 AM. That is doing self debarkation. If you are doing the debarkation where you have them handle your luggage you will have to wait until your number's time. They will not let you off earlier because they don't have the space in the terminal for people to hang out waiting for their luggage to be sorted.

1 hour ago, pcvtmom said:

Platinums and Diamonds are directed to meet in Sunset Dining Room at 6:30, if doing self-assist.  We waited about 10 minutes and were off!

Thanks for the notes everyone.....

If anyone happens to be on board (or bring home every scrap of paper like I do, could you snap a photo of the disembarkation instructions Carnival provides ??)

1 hour ago, pcvtmom said:

Platinums and Diamonds are directed to meet in Sunset Dining Room at 6:30, if doing self-assist.  We waited about 10 minutes and were off!

on my first Carnival cruise back last month on Sunshine, my mom and I walked off at 6:45 am...There was a LONG line and I didn't see anyone checking status

Charleston is unique in disembarkation procedures.  The FTTF, platinum, etc meet in a location at a certain time.  I can't remember but I believe it was around 6:15 as stated above.  Then self-assist is called floor by floor.  After self-assist they start disembarking by zone.  We were off the ship and in a taxi no later than 6:45 from what I remember.  We used self-assist.  Was the most organized disembarkation we've ever had... of course we were 800 people short due to a hurricane so...

No one can tell you what the earliest time will be that YOU can disembark from YOUR cruise, because so many things can happen to cause delays with disembarkation.  Which cannot begin until the ship is cleared by customs.  If you are thinking about booking an early flight, the best advice anyone here can give you is DON'T.  Book early afternoon at the earliest, to be on the safe side.  There's no point in ending your vacation on a stressful note.