Princess Formal Nights?

Lazz58

4 hours ago, Justalone said:

Have not cruised yet, but considering Princess, Celebrity, or Oceania as my first cruise.

I am surprised Princess has no chair in the staterooms?   How can that be?  A small sitting chair is shown in their brochure and website for a balcony room?   Also shown is a small desk chair.

Besides Princess, I am considering Celebrity, and also Oceania.

Thank you.

Never sailed Oceania but Celebrity’s rooms are better furnished. Even in an interior room you have a small sofa and cocktail table. Princess has recently removed the round table and the barrel chair from the crowded stateroom. There is a desk chair. If you want any other seating you must book at minimum a deluxe balcony on the Royal class ships or a mini suite on the older Grand Class ships. They have not updated the photos on the website to reflect the change.

Just bought my first tux (first owned tux) and the beautiful lady who will be on my arm is now wanting to look nice but wear what most of the ladies will who dress up on the cruise next week.    Black cocktail dress is going; she wondering if there will be a lot of floor length dresses worn or more shorter dresses and skirts.  And she gets no good advice from her color blind husband whose job is tending to 700 acres of solar panels that produce food (classy way to say dirt farmer).    

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, farmermark said:

Just bought my first tux (first owned tux) and the beautiful lady who will be on my arm is now wanting to look nice but wear what most of the ladies will who dress up on the cruise next week.    Black cocktail dress is going; she wondering if there will be a lot of floor length dresses worn or more shorter dresses and skirts.  And she gets no good advice from her color blind husband whose job is tending to 700 acres of solar panels that produce food (classy way to say dirt farmer).    

Sounds very classy.   You and many others dressed to the nines?   Would she consider wearing a formal full length gown?  And, be sure she brings a lot of sparkly diamonds to wear with her outfit.   😶 

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Justalone
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Justalone said:

Sounds very classy.   You and many others dressed to the nines?   Would she consider wearing a formal full length gown?  And, be sure she brings a lot of sparkly diamonds to wear with her outfit.   😶 

Enjoy your cruise!

Bring a lot of sparkly diamonds...well I see the tux backfired on me.  Now I have to buy a lot of diamonds LOL.   She would consider a full length yes.  (I like the black cocktail dress for 1 night)  She isn't really into lots of sparkly diamonds.  I bet she wears more of her freshwater pearls and gold.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:41 AM, MissP22 said:

We haven't sailed the Sky yet but yous is the first I've to read about shorts being worn on that ship. I was beginning to think that ship was different than the rest of the fleet.  

How was the pax attire on formal nights? 

In the MRD everyone was dressed well. There was a mix of tuxes and suits for the men and cocktail dresses/formal pants/etc for the women. I thought everyone looked very.

1 hour ago, mjmalino said:

In the MRD everyone was dressed well. There was a mix of tuxes and suits for the men and cocktail dresses/formal pants/etc for the women. I thought everyone looked very.

That sounds typical, except for "We just got off the Sky and at a nearby table one of the people seated there wore shorts, t-shirt and backwards baseball cap every casual night."

that you described. 

I just purchased two sparkly jumpsuits to wear for up upcoming cruise. While not exactly a size 6 any longer, I think they look nice on me. I've never worn a jumpsuit before.  I will leave it to the ladies to figure out what I realized, after purchase, what the main issue is going to be 😳

• Like 3