NCL Cruise Deposit and Check IN

anykiad

Hi Everyone,

I'm going on a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn in March. I was in the process of checking in and it asked me how I would like to settle the on-board charging. I have three questions I was hoping you guys could help me with. 

1) How much is the deposit for two people? (the cruise is 5 days long)

2) If I select one method for on-board charging can I change it later? 

3) Has anyone ever done a cash deposit? How much is it per person? 

Thanks everyone ❤️ 

Since you're going in March most likely final payment is already due. That means you'll have to pay in full when you book.

Yes, you can change method of payment right up to the day you disembark.

I've never done cash - have always used a credit card for on board charges no matter the line. I can't help with that.

We have just always used a CC, but I believe I have read on here somewhere that the cash deposit is around $300.  If you have room under your credit line on a card, I think the easiest method is to give a card at check in, then if you wish to settle with cash, you may do so on the last night with the Guest Services desk.

I normally use cash. My family wife, 2 daughters and I. I start off with around $700. Then monitor my account and add as needed. I use to use a Credit Card. However they put a hold on it day one of $1800.  So we rather just go with cash instead of playing with the holds. 

I always use a credit card as I have no desire to bring several hundred in extra cash on a cruise. Plus I get rewards on my credit card, so yay cash back. I've never had a large amount of holds on my credit card, but even so it's no issue to me as I pay off my cards each month so I have plenty of available credit. 

13 hours ago, anykiad said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm going on a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn in March. I was in the process of checking in and it asked me how I would like to settle the on-board charging. I have three questions I was hoping you guys could help me with. 

1) How much is the deposit for two people? (the cruise is 5 days long)

2) If I select one method for on-board charging can I change it later? 

3) Has anyone ever done a cash deposit? How much is it per person? 

There is no “deposit” if you use a credit card.

Credit Cards:  NCL will incrementally put holds on on your card for amounts charged onboard. On the last night, the will charge the total outstanding balance. The net effect is that two times the amount you have on your onboard account will be authorized/held on your credit card. So you have to have sufficient credit line to cover that and be willing to wait until your credit card company releases all the holds. 

For cash accounts, let’s go to what NCL states as their policy

NCL: A cash deposit may be placed on your onboard account in the following amounts:

7 day cruises - $300 USD per person
Less than 7 days - $150 USD per person
More than 7 days - $450 USD per person

Once you have exceeded the deposited amount, your account will be closed to further charges. You can deposit as much money as often as you'd like throughout the cruise, however, refunds cannot be made until the day of disembarkation for any excess.

**Personal checks will not be accepted, nor can they be cashed on board.

• Like 1