Jewel Feb 3 Bahrain Cancelled

21 minutes ago, Bobal said:

And that issue is ??? We have just sailed through the Strait of Hormuz today and will dock in Oman tomorrow.  

You must have experienced something different to our non-eventful passage. Please share

I'm really glad that your passage was uneventful, as I am aware that going to Bahrain most likely have been uneventful also.  My point was simply stating that it is very likely, that RCCL is being overly careful sailing anyplace in the coming weeks that they feel might slightly put at risk the ship or passengers.  I think everyone knows what the issue is, unless someone is living in a bubble.  The only point was that the narrow passage has in the past been a trouble spot that is not taken lightly these days.  It was nothing more than speculation that getting to Oman would also be closely looked at also.  (If I experienced something different - it would have been plastered all over the news, and your uneventful passage would have been canceled) 

Serious amount of marine traffic in the area as we speak, would they all be there if it was that bad? we are going in feb and Bahrain was not on our itenary anyway but Muscat is which i hope they don't cancel as i was looking forward to going there.

download.thumb.png.7da29f4f034b62f983d226afdd82998b.png

Edited by chmusar

We are on the 17th February departure and only found out that Bahrain was cancelled when our pre-booked RCCL excursion was refunded. For us it is disappointing but we will have to make the most of the overnight in Abu Dhabi. The cynic in me can't help think that RCCL will end up with a port charge and fuel saving!

The port fees for a missed stop are usually refunded onto your onboard account but it won't amount to much, maybe +/- $15 pp. Each port charges a different fee.

Edited by icsys

I had no expectation of any form of refund and accept that safety considerations have to be the primary consideration. New to RCCL and perhaps a little surprised by the lack of communication. Still greatly looking forward to the cruise.

How boring. I believe the Dubai sailings did not go well and are a revenue killer. Why do TUI Mein Schiff (50% owned by Royal), Costa Diadema and MSC Lirica / Belissima, Aida Prima continue to dock in Bahrein? My speculation is that Royal wants to save fuel to compensate the ridiculous low priced cruises and rather bobs up and down at 3knt speed.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 8:52 PM, Joseph2017China said:

Although Oman is safe, the passage to Oman is the concern.  I should have re-worded it better.

You seem to confuse the passage comming from the Suez Canal and passing the Gulf of Aden, but there is no Issue crusing to Oman from Dubai.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

You seem to confuse the passage comming from the Suez Canal and passing the Gulf of Aden, but there is no Issue crusing to Oman from Dubai.

I would thin that Joseph2017 was concerned as the Oman/Dubai passage is through the Straits of Hormuz as this is where merchant ships have been targeted