Panorama Deck 5 Havana Inside Question

Markmom18

Hi,

I just read a post that talked about live music being played till after Midnight on the Havana Deck (5).  I was on Deck 7 — my preferred location — but changed to Deck 5 to be near the pool. Though, I guess I didn’t take into account live music after 10:00pm.

Anyone who has actually stayed in a Havana Inside Deck 5 care to comment? 
 Thanks,

🙂

Bobbi 

L

21 hours ago, lincdax said:

Stayed in a Havana inside on the Panorama (5211).  Never heard the music from the bar.   Now, I can't say that about the two drunk folks screaming at each in the hall. 🙂

Lincdax,

we are in room 5211 in June!  Were  you happy with location?  Any chance you had WiFi?  We are expecting a grand baby the week of our cruise and would like to be able to FaceTime and wondering how good the WiFi is?   Thanks!

Edited by deecruise2

16 minutes ago, deecruise2 said:

Lincdax,

we are in room 5211 in June!  Were  you happy with location?  Any chance you had WiFi?  We are expecting a grand baby the week of our cruise and would like to be able to FaceTime and wondering how good the WiFi is?   Thanks!

Very happy with the location.  Easy access to Havana bar/pool, elevators, ocean plaza, as well as Alchemy Bar, Steakhouse, and Pig & Anchor.  We only had social wifi.  It worked excellent.  Unknown if FaceTime and streaming would work well.  Hopefully you can find someone who had that type of plan.

2 minutes ago, deecruise2 said:

Did you have to walk through the Havana bar to get to the Havana pool? 

Yes you do.  You can also walk to the Ocean Plaza, go outside, go thru the security gate, and pass along the cabana area.  Saw some folks do this when heading to the pool and didn't want to walk thru the crowded Havana bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deecruise2 said:

Awesome! Thanks for the info!  How was the Havana pool and area?  In your opinion was it worth the extra money?  Excited to be able to find a spot by the pool!

If I were to cruise on this class of ship again, I would book the Havana in a heartbeat.  Relaxed, not crowded, no screaming kids, and close to everything.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:50 PM, lincdax said:

Stayed in a Havana inside on the Panorama (5211).  Never heard the music from the bar.   Now, I can't say that about the two drunk folks screaming at each in the hall. 🙂

Great to hear.  We will be in 5211 next month.  We picked this cabin because it was equidistant from the bands in the Ocean Plaza and Havana Bar hoping it would be the most quiet inside Havana Cabin.

We stayed in a Havana Cabana on the Vista last year.  Didn't hear any music.  The pool area is not crowded at all and there were more than enough lounge chairs.  No need for the chair hogs to claim there territory.  We decided to only book the Havana inside cabin on our upcoming Panorama cruise since we can just walk to the pool area to relax.

19 hours ago, lincdax said:

Very happy with the location.  Easy access to Havana bar/pool, elevators, ocean plaza, as well as Alchemy Bar, Steakhouse, and Pig & Anchor.  

Can you access the rear bar area from the inside Havana hallway on the starboard side, or do you have to walk to Ocean Plaza then back through the bar?

2 hours ago, katstoy said:

Can you access the rear bar area from the inside Havana hallway on the starboard side, or do you have to walk to Ocean Plaza then back through the bar?

The inside Havana hallway has no direct access to the Havana Bar or outside area.  You must walk towards the ocean plaza, through the doors and then toward the Havana bar.

2 hours ago, jamieleighann16 said:

Is the Havana area open to Havana guests 24/7? If not, what are the hours? 

I'm not positive, but I believe that the Havana area does close at night.  I know the pools and hot tubs close at 10 or 11.

28 minutes ago, lincdax said:

The inside Havana hallway has no direct access to the Havana Bar or outside area.  You must walk towards the ocean plaza, through the doors and then toward the Havana bar.

Thanks but oh man, that sucks!  I booked the second from the end cabana hoping that it was either like on the Vista where you can unlock the patio door from the outside or that there was hallway access to the very aft end of the bar, don't like that I have to traipse through the bar to get to the pool!  Secret crew passage that I can use perhaps?  

52 minutes ago, katstoy said:

Thanks but oh man, that sucks!  I booked the second from the end cabana hoping that it was either like on the Vista where you can unlock the patio door from the outside or that there was hallway access to the very aft end of the bar, don't like that I have to traipse through the bar to get to the pool!  Secret crew passage that I can use perhaps?  

Not sure if the cabana sliding doors lock, since I didn't stay in one; however, you can certainly access the pool area by going out your patio, just not from the inside hallway.

I stayed in a Havana with balcony on the Vista.  It was the last cabin nearest the ocean plaza and backed up again the ocean plaza bar.  I was worried about the noise but we never heard anything from the bar or from any band.  I also asked people who had an inside cabin near the bar and they said they couldn't hear much, just sometimes a thump thump, but not bad.  

The sliding doors lock from the inside only, so if you don't mind leaving them open, you can access the pool area and come back directly to your room if you have a balcony on deck 5.  

On the Vista class ship, this is the only way to go to avoid the overcrowded and much too small pool on these ships.  Worth every penny spent!

Hi,

I booked a Havana Inside Deck 5. On the PANORAMA. 🙂

To enter my stateroom HALLWAY is there a locked door or a Carnival employee at this location?  Or is it like the regular hallways? Just walk on by and go inside my cabin?

Is the pool area a Cabin Key entrance (like at Resorts)?

The Havana Bar is open for all?

Just not real clear on these details, thanks for clarifying!

🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

46 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I booked a Havana Inside Deck 5. On the PANORAMA. 🙂

To enter my stateroom HALLWAY is there a locked door or a Carnival employee at this location?  Or is it like the regular hallways? Just walk on by and go inside my cabin?

Is the pool area a Cabin Key entrance (like at Resorts)?

The Havana Bar is open for all?

Just not real clear on these details, thanks for clarifying!

🛳

Bobbi 

There is a door to the stateroom hallway; however, it is not locked, nor is there at attendant.  From what I could see, just having a door there kept 99.9% of non Havana guests out.  You are provided wrist bands to wear in the havana pool area.  Also, your room card has a Havana sticker attached.  The Havana Bar is open to all passengers at all times.

• Like 1

On board Panorama now, cabin 5218, Havana inside.  No noise issues.  Currently the Havana has operating hours of 8am to midnight.  The Havana bar inside area is open to all passengers, the outside area of Havana Bar is only for Havana guests.  

Love the area.

• Like 3