Stepping away from Celebrity

bigbenboys

On 1/18/2020 at 11:30 PM, wwcruisers said:

Finally giving HAL a try. Not just the disappointing IV's on Edge -- along with the high prices and marketing baloney (Goop -- REALLY??). Even if I still loved X as much as I did on my first Solstice cruise (10 years ago), X's diminishing presence on the West Coast is quite a deterrent for us. 🤨

In 2016 we did a last minute 14 night Alaskan cruise on HAL Maasdam and enjoyed every moment of the trip.  I really enjoyed their  pre dinner music and dancing ( only as a wishful observer-hubby doesn't dance) and the 2 for 1 cocktail hour. The first night I prebooked the specialty restaurant and it was very good.  We met many wonderful people including a WW 2 veteran and his wife and others that we still share emails with. We would sail on HAL anytime. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We stepped away from Celebrity and have done 3 MSC YC last year, also have another B2B in 2+ weeks also a Princess Club mini suite in November and MSC YC in March 2021 doing the Connie route via Suez Canal. Our cruises are usually with friends and we chose accordingly.

Our next Celebrity cruise is in Nov 2021, this will make it a 3 year break 

33 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

I just will not give a company my money so far in advance.  

Sometimes a TA can get a later date for payment.  But I understand your perspective.  It's the price of traveling with Viking.