Selecting cruise preferences

I booked a cruise and selected the only dining time available, which was 7:45. I would like to go back and see if any other options have opened up and also choose two twin beds instead of a King.  My most recent cruises have been on Carnival and I was able to do those things when I logged into my account.  I have tried to find those options on my Royal account, but can't seem to find them.  Is this an option?  If so, how do I do this?

Also, I made reservations for five shows.  However, I didn't see any comedy shows available.  Are reservations required for their comedy shows?

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I have tried to find those options on my Royal account, but can't seem to find them.  Is this an option?  

Choosing bed configuration, no, changing MTD times, yes, by cancelling your current one.

• Like 1

Can't select those kinds of preferences on Royal's website since it was improved.  You must call RC customer support to change preferences.

Reservations are not mandatory for any show.  If you don't have a reservation, you must wait in a standby line until around 10 minutes before the show starts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Can't select those kinds of preferences on Royal's website since it was improved.  You must call RC customer support to change preferences.

Reservations are not mandatory for any show.  If you don't have a reservation, you must wait in a standby line until around 10 minutes before the show starts.

Do you know if it's possible too make reservations for their comedy shows once I board the ship?  I assume that since the ship is huge, Harmony of the Seas, that wherever they hold the comedy shows will be packed.

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

Do you know if it's possible too make reservations for their comedy shows once I board the ship?  I assume that since the ship is huge, Harmony of the Seas, that wherever they hold the comedy shows will be packed.

Possibly.  Try using the RCI App as soon as you can connect to the ship's WiFi.  Download it at home. Alternatively, seek out the box office as soon as you board.  Location will be noted in the flyer you receive at check-in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

For some reason, I am having trouble even finding where I selected it.  It shows up on my documents, but I can't find the link for the dining preferences.

Once in the Cruise Planner, select your Order History.

• Like 1

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Possibly.  Try using the RCI App as soon as you can connect to the ship's WiFi.  Download it at home. Alternatively, seek out the box office as soon as you board.  Location will be noted in the flyer you receive at check-in.

That's a good idea.  I already downloaded the App, so I will be ready.  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Once in the Cruise Planner, select your Order History.

I just looked and the dining isn't there.  Maybe it's because I am waitlisted for 7:45 dining, or something like that.  There is an * next to 7:45 on my cruise documents.  So maybe I haven't been assigned anything yet.  I was really hoping to get the any time dining, but I am sure that fills up very early.

Edited by TNcruising02

I just looked and the dining isn't there.  Maybe it's because I am waitlisted for 7:45 dining, or something like that.  There is an * next to 7:45 on my cruise documents.  So maybe I haven't been assigned anything yet.  I was really hoping to get the any time dining, but I am sure that fills up very early.

Is it possible that you are currently assigned to Traditional (fixed) dining?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Is it possible that you are currently assigned to Traditional (fixed) dining?

Yes, it is.  It's been awhile since I have cruised on Royal and I think their website was different.  I was just hoping to see if anything else opened up, like my time dining.  Because I booked so late, I didn't get any options other than 7:45.

Yes, it is.  It's been awhile since I have cruised on Royal and I think their website was different.  I was just hoping to see if anything else opened up, like my time dining.  Because I booked so late, I didn't get any options other than 7:45.

Well, that is why you cannot see any MDR dining choices.

You can call RC and confirm your dining and make sure you are on the waitlist for MTD.  If you don't get MTD before the cruise, you can try to switch by seeing the MTD host after you board.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Well, that is why you cannot see any MDR dining choices.

You can call RC and confirm your dining and make sure you are on the waitlist for MTD.  If you don't get MTD before the cruise, you can try to switch by seeing the MTD host after you board.

Thank you. I am going to call tomorrow.  I appreciate your help!

When you board, if the beds aren't the way you want, tell your cabin attendant...they will fix it before bedtime.  If you want a different dining time, go to the dining room around 2pm...there will be someone there to take your request.  99% of the time, you will get what you desire...they want you to be happy.