EZ Air Ticketing

travellingnana

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

My in laws have a flight booked with Delta that keeps changing and every time it changes they lose their seat assignments because it hasn't been ticketed. I called over the weekend to have it ticketed so hopefully if it changes again in the future they keep their seats.

That is interesting. WE have EZ air booked for Aug 2020 and I periodically check for a better fare, so far no luck. When you say Delta keeps changing, what do you mean ?

Delta keeps changing the flight times and every time that happens they would lose their seats because the tickets hadn't been paid for yet. I called Delta on Saturday and they released seats for us that they usually hold back for status members. Hopefully if the times change again they'll give them the seats we've already picked.

Thanks for clarification, how would I know if our itinerary changed ? Would I see a change under Travel on Manage this Booking ?

Also we have one stop on both outgoing and returning, so four flights. If one of those legs changes would we lose seat assignment for all legs ?

Edited by Tedferg

6 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks for clarification, ho would I know if our itinerary changed ? Would I see a change under Travel on Manage this Booking ?

Also we have one stop on both outgoing and returning, so four flights. If one of those legs changes would we lose seat assignment for all legs ?

They were only losing their seats on the way back home. If you go into EZ Air it will make you acknowledge that a change has been made. They also send you an email but not in a timely manner.

I have never ticketed early and have only lost my seats when it was a change in aircraft.  

FYI - Delta updates their schedules every month so there is the potential for changes.  Usually I just see the flight different by couple of minutes.  One change affected my seats because it was an aircraft change so they changed the flight number and the seats.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks for clarification, how would I know if our itinerary changed ? Would I see a change under Travel on Manage this Booking ?

Best way is to check your booking periodically on the airline website.

Edited by racj846
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

You should not lose seats on different legs if there was no change - especially if different airlines.  In my experience, I have only lost seats (or had them randomly re-assigned) when there is an equipment change and not just a time change - irregardless of EZ-Air or direct booking.  Unticketed bookings would be less "set" I am thinking and others experiences seem to bear that out.

14 hours ago, travellingnana said:

My flight is still more than 45 days out, but I'm pretty sure the price is not going to go down (plus I'm getting tired of checking it).  Is there any advantage to calling Princess and telling them to ticket it now, or should I just leave it alone?  Thanks...

Yes, in that some airlines do not allow seat selection until the booking is ticketed.  You have a more definitive reservation with the airline(s) this way IMO.  I will do the same when I think nothing is going to improve and fares have gone up.  I try to keep an eye on the flight from the airline website to see how many open seats left to select as I don't want to be stuck with a crummy seat (at least what we consider crummy).

On 1/21/2020 at 10:20 PM, steelers36 said:

Yes, in that some airlines do not allow seat selection until the booking is ticketed.  You have a more definitive reservation with the airline(s) this way IMO.  I will do the same when I think nothing is going to improve and fares have gone up.  I try to keep an eye on the flight from the airline website to see how many open seats left to select as I don't want to be stuck with a crummy seat (at least what we consider crummy).

My flight is on American so I have seats, but I like the idea of the "more definitive" reservation!