Doubletree biscayne

mommao729

I am looking for a hotel for one night before my cruise November 28-29 2020. 

Has anybody stayed at the doubletree biscayne? What did you like about it or didn’t like. Was parking ok there? Was there restaurants or things to do in the area?

stayed by the airport last time and while the homewood suites was great didn’t like how far we were. Want to stay close to the port this time. Looked at the intercontinental it was beautiful but very pricey and the parking was pricey too. Want a bay view to see the ships

Great hotel in a quieter section of downtown, with some rooms offering a view of the port - a great thing to wake up to!  Very nice pool, several local dining options within walking distance or you are a short Uber ride from MANY more.  Shared parking with the next door Marriott is expensive ($30+ per day the last time I checked).

You might also look at the Hampton Inn Mary Brickel -- no port views, but many more walkable dining and shopping options.

Here are a couple of photos of our room at that Doubletree. I took the room picture as we were about to leave to head to the port. The second one is the view from our room of the marina and port. It was a quick ride-share to the port.

We ate at the hotel “mall” that has a few shops/businesses and restaurants. We did not need to stay at a location with nearby amenities due to the hour we arrived at the hotel (late enough that dinner, suitcase-contents-shuffling, and bedtime was all there was time for) and we didn’t need to buy wine/soda/water for this cruise as all were included.

883F4008-D574-424B-B5BB-70078DFE75CD.jpeg

96A1546F-2D91-4EBC-92DE-E0DECA21EAD5.jpeg

79438160-1C38-459A-9A77-181A2D6A253F.jpeg

Edited by gotta cruise again
Added 3rd photo: zoomed in on port
  • Like 1

My family stayed there last year. They liked it. We ate at Casablanca (one of three restaurants in the Grand Retail Center attached to the hotel). It was good with beautiful water views.

Casablanca-3.jpg

We rode the free Metromover (Adrienne Arsht station is just a block away) to Downtown and back!

One of their rooms had a Port view!

Doubletree-Views.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

• 4 months later...

This is the very reason why I search CC.  Based on many suggestions for hotels near the POM, these reviews and pics for the DoubleTree Biscayne helped me make my decision.  I just booked our room with a bay view for a September, 2020, cruise.   Thanks to all who contributed to the OP's question as they were all very helpful.  Take care and happy future cruising.

• Like 1

Good luck with your cruise and welcome to the boards!😎

9 hours ago, DPTexas said:

This is the very reason why I search CC.  Based on many suggestions for hotels near the POM, these reviews and pics for the DoubleTree Biscayne helped me make my decision.  I just booked our room with a bay view for a September, 2020, cruise.   Thanks to all who contributed to the OP's question as they were all very helpful.  Take care and happy future cruising.

• 3 weeks later...

thank you everyone! i booked the doubletree. was a little concerned about the reviews. saying the hotel was dirty and rooms needed upgrades. staff was rude.  but seeing the pictures and getting great reviews from cruise critic friends helped make my decision.  if anyone stays here before november 28 please come back and let us know how your stay was and post some pictures.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just booked this hotel for our May Cruise!

Thinking that the embarkation is probably going to change allowing for more on board cleaning before boarding.

Is there anything to do around the hotel for a couple of hours in the morning before heading to the port?  

We normally love to have breakfast then head on down to the ship but thinking that might not be an option we are looking for ideas??

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:19 PM, HodgeNNicole said:

Just booked this hotel for our May Cruise!

Thinking that the embarkation is probably going to change allowing for more on board cleaning before boarding.

Is there anything to do around the hotel for a couple of hours in the morning before heading to the port?  

We normally love to have breakfast then head on down to the ship but thinking that might not be an option we are looking for ideas??

The hotel pool is VERY nice! 😎

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

How close is this hotel to Adventura Mall in Miami?  Also is there a public beach nearby? 

The hotel is in downtown, very close to the port - a LONG way to the mall.  The ocean front is in Miami Beach - about a 10-15 minute (depending upon traffic) ride from the hotel.  There may be a  bayside beach close by - I would call the hotel or check Google Maps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

Thank you @JohninDC I enjoy reading the information you provide here on cruise critic. 

Tracie 

Happy to help and good luck.  I hope it works out for you but I will be surprised if this old dog gets onto a cruise ship until 2022 or so. 😢

• Like 1