Club Orange Expanded Menus and Cost

knittinggirl

On 2/27/2022 at 7:42 PM, 2 old to drive said:

As a 5 star mariner on Holland I am a little insulted that my loyalty in sailing with them is now made little better that 2nd class to Club Orange.'  I do not have a special dining room or menus or most of the other perks.

I have a dedicated line to services on Princess as I am elite but not Holland America, makes me wonder why I continue to sail with them when I can just buy all the benefits on the first sailing.

As a fellow 5 Star I would love it if they added this for us.  However, I doubt that this will happen due to the limited size of the Club Orange dining areas on the Pinnacle class ships.  On the other HAL ships it would be an easy thing to do IMO.

The thing that some people gloss over is that it’s not a carbon copy of 4 plus star benefits.  There is no “free” laundry or discounts at specialty restaurants.  Those are some of my favourites as a 5 star.  The complaints about the priority tendering doesn’t hold much water in my mind as club orange would have much less appeal on non pinnacle class ships.  I see very few to no threads about people talking about adding club orange to non pinnacle ships.

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

The thing that some people gloss over is that it’s not a carbon copy of 4 plus star benefits.  There is no “free” laundry or discounts at specialty restaurants.  Those are some of my favourites as a 5 star.  The complaints about the priority tendering doesn’t hold much water in my mind as club orange would have much less appeal on non pinnacle class ships.  I see very few to no threads about people talking about adding club orange to non pinnacle ships.

Aside from whether or not a ship has a Club Orange restaurant, the biggest "bang for the buck" Club Orange feature is the within meta-category cabin upgrade.  Depending on what cabin level a person is seeking, Club Orange can actually be a money saver.  Let's say a person wants a V-category balcony cabin.  Buying Club Orange, then having HAL upgrade from the lowest cost balcony category, VH Obstructed, to a V category balcony can cost less than the V-category cabin would have cost on its own.  We did this for an upcoming cruise and the price came in $60 lower than the V-cabin we would have booked anyway.

I'm not saying selling Club Orange to non 4 and 5 star cruisers is fair to them but, if HAL is offering the option, I'll take it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Aside from whether or not a ship has a Club Orange restaurant, the biggest "bang for the buck" Club Orange feature is the within meta-category cabin upgrade.  Depending on what cabin level a person is seeking, Club Orange can actually be a money saver.  Let's say a person wants a V-category balcony cabin.  Buying Club Orange, then having HAL upgrade from the lowest cost balcony category, VH Obstructed, to a V category balcony can cost less than the V-category cabin would have cost on its own.  We did this for an upcoming cruise and the price came in $60 lower than the V-cabin we would have booked anyway.

I'm not saying selling Club Orange to non 4 and 5 star cruisers is fair to them but, if HAL is offering the option, I'll take it.

Yup that’s a huge selling point for me as well.  I’m not made of money so anywhere I can save is much appreciated.

• Like 1