Club Orange Expanded Menus and Cost

knittinggirl

Does anybody know how much the cost of Club Orange?  I'm also looking for copies of their expanded menus. 

Personally, I think they should work the club orange amenities into the 4 star and 5 star perks.  I know on Royal Caribbean, the Diamonds or Diamond Plus members got priority seating and specialty coffee in the main dining room for breakfast, as well as a bottle of wine to the stateroom.

The cost of CO varies. According to the website, it's $35 per person per day on the two Pinnacle Class ships (Kdam and NS) and $25 on the rest of the ships. But some people report being offered CO at a lower rate. 

The "expanded menu" means there is one extra main course at dinner. Otherwise, the CO menu is the same as the regular MDR menu. Sorry, other than "Peruvian chicken," I don't know what the extra items are. And I don't know what Peruvian chicken is. 

13 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

For the stateroom upgrade, is it w/in the same category?  I'd love to be able to move from a Signature to a Neptune.

I don't remember seeing any priority lines at Shore Ex or Guest Relations.

Nice try, but you only get to move up WITHIN your category..  If you have a SY, you can get a SS.  If you book an SS, you are out of luck.

I was offered and accepted $15/day and since I was already in a VA category and no SS was open on the Nieuw Statendam, I was offered and accepted $50 OBC.  The extra entree was listed on the Club Orange "Avaialble Daily" menu page as a Club Orange perk. The regular MDR menu was used in Club Orange.  See the attached:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NS-A-MDR-Day-02.pdf

I was offered Club Orange on a previous cruise for $35/day.

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

I was offered and accepted $15/day and since I was already in a VA category and no SS was open on the Nieuw Statendam, I was offered and accepted $50 OBC.  The extra entree was listed on the Club Orange "Avaialble Daily" menu page as a Club Orange perk. The regular MDR menu was used in Club Orange.  See the attached:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/NS-A-MDR-Day-02.pdf

I was offered Club Orange on a previous cruise for $35/day.

Nice of them to give you the $50 OBC since you were in a SS - I never thought of that.

Club Orange sounds to me to be of little value. On the ships that I cruise, it is simply a separate area in the MDR. The extra item available on the menu, doesn't sound like it is worth an extra $25 per person. And the room upgrade is of little value to me, since it is within the same category - it is exactly the same room, it is just in a different location. 

Edited by Tom O.
  • Like 3

We sailed on the Koningsdam earlier this month and received an offer for Club Orange for $25 pp. Just received the same offer for our upcoming Veendam cruise in early February. Didn't see the value either time, so declined.

We just accepted an offer for Club Orange on Nieuw Statendam at $25/pp per day on her February 16 sailing.  The clincher was an upgrade from a VH obstructed verandah to a VB cabin on the Sun Deck.  Looking forward to a unique experience!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arijsky said:

We just accepted an offer for Club Orange on Nieuw Statendam at $25/pp per day on her February 16 sailing.  The clincher was an upgrade from a VH obstructed verandah to a VB cabin on the Sun Deck.  Looking forward to a unique experience!

Now that seems like a good deal to me, for $25/pp per day!

46 minutes ago, arijsky said:

Hi, does anyone happen to know the breakfast and dinner hours in the Club Orange dining room, Nieuw Statendam specifically?  Thanks.

I was on the NS last month and had breakfast at 8:25 AM each morning but was surprised that they closed at 8:00 AM on Disembarkation Day.  Not sure when they opened.  Dinner started the same as the MDR 5:00 but not sure when it closed.  Three of us were still there chatting at 8:30 PM one night.

I got an e-mail which said that due to extremely high booking of the late (8PM) dinner time, open seating may be limited in the hour preceding it. For that reason they suggested early seating or the Lido or optional restaurants. If we are in Club Orange will we be able to just go to the MDR around 7:30 and walk right in to the special area or do we still make reservations? This is for the NA cruise starting 2/8. 

GS

6 minutes ago, GS300D said:

If we are in Club Orange will we be able to just go to the MDR around 7:30 and walk right in to the special area or do we still make reservations?

The only ships with a 'special area' for Club Orange are the Pinnacle class ships, which have their own dining room. 
The remaining ships use the dining room, but there is no cordoned off area reserved for CO passengers. They are interspersed throughout the room, even at the same table with non-CO passengers. 

1 hour ago, GS300D said:

I got an e-mail which said that due to extremely high booking of the late (8PM) dinner time, open seating may be limited in the hour preceding it. For that reason they suggested early seating or the Lido or optional restaurants. If we are in Club Orange will we be able to just go to the MDR around 7:30 and walk right in to the special area or do we still make reservations? This is for the NA cruise starting 2/8. 

GS

Can't give you an answer, but this could be an interesting test of the CO MDR "Priority."

What ship are you on? Have you checked the groups and charters thread? It's unusual for the late dinner time to be so heavily booked. 

edited to add link

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

On 1/22/2020 at 8:03 PM, arijsky said:

Seems like a great deal.  Can I ask, how did you receive your offer?  Was it sent directly from HAL or via your TA?  I'm on the same sailing (but for 2 weeks) and have not received such an offer.  Not sure if it's because I book with a big box TA (and I don't think they forward such emails) or because it's not available for the two weeks on this particular cruise.  I'm only curious.  I had thought about upgrading to Club Orange but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it wouldn't work well for us on this cruise.

I think the Club Orange dining room will have the same hours as the MDR for both breakfast and dinner.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

6 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Seems like a great deal.  Can I ask, how did you receive your offer?  Was it sent directly from HAL or via your TA?  I'm on the same sailing (but for 2 weeks) and have not received such an offer.  Not sure if it's because I book with a big box TA (and I don't think they forward such emails) or because it's not available for the two weeks on this particular cruise.  I'm only curious.  I had thought about upgrading to Club Orange but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it wouldn't work well for us on this cruise.

I think the Club Orange dining room will have the same hours as the MDR for both breakfast and dinner.

I usually check in with my travel agent about a month ahead to see if any upgrades have become available.  My TA called HAL and obtained an offer, which I initially refused because I didn’t like the cabin location.  HAL then countered with the VB cabin and I bit!

1 hour ago, arijsky said:

I usually check in with my travel agent about a month ahead to see if any upgrades have become available.  My TA called HAL and obtained an offer, which I initially refused because I didn’t like the cabin location.  HAL then countered with the VB cabin and I bit!

Thanks for the info.

Just off the Koningsdam 10 day cruise and was offered Club Orange for $25 pp/per day.  As it turned out, we decided to splurge and took an upsell to a Neptune Suite (this will probably be our one and only time), so eating at CO was included.   We enjoyed it very much.  The staff were excellent and the food at breakfast was cooked to order and was delicious.  The special dinner choices we liked were the Peruvian chicken (a roasted HALF chicken covered with smoky spices ---tasty and very very moist) a huge juice veal chop, and a shrimp dish.   Didn't try the short ribs and can't recall other choices ---- they repeated after 7 nights.  The dining room didn't seem very elegant, but it was quiet, dinner took an hour, and the staff were wonderful.   I felt like I was treated very special.

We did enjoy priority boarding-- were in our cabin before noon.  Didn't need priority to tender at Half Moon Cay because the boats were so large and could accommodate about 300.   

We decided we wouldn't pay for CO in the future.......... just because.   I'm the only one who eats breakfast, and now I know to go to the Main Dining more often.   The extra entree choices weren't that important to us.  

But we had a GREAT time enjoying everything this cruise!

• Like 2