Sky Princess Dolphin Deck Aft Cabins D701-D710

booklady26

These cabins are located on deck 9 aft (Dolphin) and are category BD. They are right next to mini-suites D711-D725 and appear to have the same size balconies as the minis, if the deck plans are fairly accurate. The price is much cheaper than other standard balconies. They are not listed as obstructed. If anyone has seen or stayed in one of them I'd like to know if there is anything to be aware of such as are they uncovered? Do they have steel in lieu of clear fronts? Are they on top of life boats? Or any other drawbacks? Are they secret gems or are they inferior in some way other than their size?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, booklady26 said:

These cabins are located on deck 9 aft (Dolphin) and are category BD. They are right next to mini-suites D711-D725 and appear to have the same size balconies as the minis, if the deck plans are fairly accurate. The price is much cheaper than other standard balconies. They are not listed as obstructed. If anyone has seen or stayed in one of them I'd like to know if there is anything to be aware of such as are they uncovered? Do they have steel in lieu of clear fronts? Are they on top of life boats? Or any other drawbacks? Are they secret gems or are they inferior in some way other than their size?

Are you looking at a deluxe balcony?
Check out the cabin sticky at the top of the main page. 
I believe they are the same as the Deluxe balconies forward on dolphin deck which had a great larger balcony.

some posted a review of the forward ones.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I believe they are the same as the Deluxe balconies forward on dolphin deck which had a great larger balcony.

They are standard balconies. I tried the sticky first but couldn't access the spreadsheet. I just did a search of the topic and found one of the mini-suites reviewed (D725). They are uncovered which is the reason for the cheaper price. No shade, no privacy. I knew it was too good to be true. I'll opt for something better.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

@booklady26, it looks like the balconies of D701-D710 would be half covered.  If you are okay with partially covered, these would be great balconies.  The mini suites are on the Emerald level (one level below) and they appear to be fully uncovered.  D725 is a Premium Deluxe Balcony cabin (and it looks like it's balcony is half covered).

Edited by Abercrombie2019
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, booklady26 said:

They are standard balconies. I tried the sticky first but couldn't access the spreadsheet. I just did a search of the topic and found one of the mini-suites reviewed (D725). They are uncovered which is the reason for the cheaper price. No shade, no privacy. I knew it was too good to be true. I'll opt for something better.

Thanks for the tip.

Ok don’t know about those 

• Like 1

I booked E-206  Looks like it's uncovered.  Mini Suite.  I'm not sure if I'll love it but at this point don't feel like paying $400 more for different deck, think I got a great deal at $2200 for both of us, mini suite.  SO hoping for the best!  We don't hang out there too much anyway.  Just enjoy star gazing and watching sunrise. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 2:51 AM, KruzPrincess said:

Does anyone have pictures from one of these cabins? Does anyone know for sure if the balconies are fully covered, partially covered or uncovered? Thanks. 

I was told they were partially covered.  Just like the Caribbe deck on the Emerald,, ruby, etc

On 1/23/2020 at 10:41 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

You might be thinking of my review of Sky cabin D222, here:  

If you click on "5:00_Somewhere replied to a topic" you will be taken directly to my review, which includes several pictures.

This has been a very important issue for me, as we LOVE the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand Class ships, and very much dislike the standard tiny balconies on the vast majority of the cabins on Royal Class ships. I researched this extensively, and can confirm that the cabins in our section of Dolphin Deck forward on the Sky are very much like those much-loved Grand Class Caribe Deck balconies.

In addition, while I do not have personal experience with the aft Dolphin Deck balconies the OP is asking about, based on my research and on my own visual assessment from the exterior of of the ship I am fairly certain that these balconies should be identical or virtually identical to our D222 balcony.  We absolutely LOVED it!

Hope this is helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These cabins are regular balcony cabins with extended balconies. I found this exterior picture which, I believe, shows that the balcony is indeed half covered. As previously stated, this would be similar to Caribe balconies on some

of the older ships. 

1EE8B70F-03BA-4333-8D1A-C702881D97B8.jpeg

FE5DD273-7FFA-41B5-A87B-4DF21CC69C1D.jpeg

Edited by KruzPrincess
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 4:09 PM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

You might be thinking of my review of Sky cabin D222, here:  

If you click on "5:00_Somewhere replied to a topic" you will be taken directly to my review, which includes several pictures.

This has been a very important issue for me, as we LOVE the Caribe deck balconies on the Grand Class ships, and very much dislike the standard tiny balconies on the vast majority of the cabins on Royal Class ships. I researched this extensively, and can confirm that the cabins in our section of Dolphin Deck forward on the Sky are very much like those much-loved Grand Class Caribe Deck balconies.

In addition, while I do not have personal experience with the aft Dolphin Deck balconies the OP is asking about, based on my research and on my own visual assessment from the exterior of of the ship I am fairly certain that these balconies should be identical or virtually identical to our D222 balcony.  We absolutely LOVED it!

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the link to your review. These cabins aren’t deluxe cabins like yours, but it appears that the balcony is likely designed the same. I enjoyed looking at the photos. Thanks, again. 

• Like 1