Dining Waitlist

shareen3

It's been a few years since I last took a RCI cruise. I booked and noticed I am waitlisted for the 530 seating and was given the 8pm seating - no biggie except I'm traveling with a 8 month old and 4 year old. 

Anyone have experience with this and if they were able to get the earlier seating?

• Like 1

I put myself on the waitlist for 5:30 and signed up for the 8:00 and hoped for the best. When I was able to log into my reservation later I saw it showed a 5:30 dining time so it could happen.

I've also read that you could try to go to the main dining room and wait as a stand by as there are no shows for tables. They could of chosen to eat at a specialty restaurant instead, etc. so slots/ tables could free up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grabthars Hammer said:

I put myself on the waitlist for 5:30 and signed up for the 8:00 and hoped for the best. When I was able to log into my reservation later I saw it showed a 5:30 dining time so it could happen.

I've also read that you could try to go to the main dining room and wait as a stand by as there are no shows for tables. They could of chosen to eat at a specialty restaurant instead, etc. so slots/ tables could free up. 

good to know! Thank you 

30 minutes ago, shareen3 said:

It's been a few years since I last took a RCI cruise. I booked and noticed I am waitlisted for the 530 seating and was given the 8pm seating - no biggie except I'm traveling with a 8 month old and 4 year old. 

Anyone have experience with this and if they were able to get the earlier seating?

We also chose the earlier time when our twins were younger.  We have been wait-listed for most of our prior cruises and we were always moved to our preferred time 30-45 days out (can't recall exactly).  For our upcoming Symphony cruise, we got the 5:30 time slot we wanted probably because we booked so far in advance. 

Thank you for asking!  I am frustrated now.  Our "travel agent" with USAA that we were using since left her job.  We were never waitlisted like she said she would do for us!!  I called them back and he spoke to Royal while I was on the phone.  Supposedly the wait list was filled up and we could only do My Time dining for a JUNE cruise.  Does this seem correct???  Thank you!

12 minutes ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

Thank you for asking!  I am frustrated now.  Our "travel agent" with USAA that we were using since left her job.  We were never waitlisted like she said she would do for us!!  I called them back and he spoke to Royal while I was on the phone.  Supposedly the wait list was filled up and we could only do My Time dining for a JUNE cruise.  Does this seem correct???  Thank you!

Could very well be correct.

This is why I always ask the travel agent for a copy of Royal's booking confirmation after any change.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Could very well be correct.

This is why I always ask the travel agent for a copy of Royal's booking confirmation after any change.

Hi!  I called RCCL and the 5:30 time is in fact closed.  Crazy.  Going forward I will receive a confirmation.  We've always booked directly with Royal.  It is frustrating when you call for something and told you must speak to your travel agent.  I don't think $200 savings was worth the inconvenience...It just seems easier to call Royal directly and they will take care of things for you......But maybe a true travel agent it would be different....

Edited by RCLcruiser2012

12 minutes ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

Hi!  I called RCCL and the 5:30 time is in fact closed.  Crazy.  Going forward I will receive a confirmation.  We've always booked directly with Royal.  It is frustrating when you call for something and told you must speak to your travel agent.  I don't think $200 savings was worth the inconvenience...It just seems easier to call Royal directly and they will take care of things for you......But maybe a true travel agent it would be different....

I suspect much of your frustration is because of your travel agent.  We are fortunate to have an outstanding very meticulous agent.  She saves me loads of time.  I send her an email, she makes the change, and I automatically get a copy of Royal's booking confirmation from her.  Never have to deal with Royal's agents or website.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I suspect much of your frustration is because of your travel agent.  We are fortunate to have an outstanding very meticulous agent.  She saves me loads of time.  I send her an email, she makes the change, and I automatically get a copy of Royal's booking confirmation from her.  Never have to deal with Royal's agents or website.

You are correct!  I am glad your agent has been amazing to you.  The customer service I spoke with from USAA was wonderful now, but it was the direct travel agent whom is no longer there that I am frustrated with. Oh well. We have MTD and I will just have to live with it. 🙂 

9 minutes ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

You are correct!  I am glad your agent has been amazing to you.  The customer service I spoke with from USAA was wonderful now, but it was the direct travel agent whom is no longer there that I am frustrated with. Oh well. We have MTD and I will just have to live with it. 🙂 

Remember you can try to change once onboard.  Go to the podium at the entrance to the dining room as soon as you board.

• Like 1

You are better off than you may realize.  Now you can go to dine at an early time, and you don't have to worry about the children having to wait for the late seating dining time of 8 or 8:30.  Also, if one day you wish to eat at a little later time you will be free to do so.  Try to appreciate the my time dining and you may discover that you even prefer the flexibility it offers.

2 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

What time on my February 2034 cruise should I eat?

I'd check the entertainment schedule first.  You probably would need to know the Cruise Director and Captain too.😉