Luggage Space Concern

Trickie Dickie

2 minutes ago, OliviaAdventurer said:

I am really interested in seeing the shower size in the XL Sea Terrace cabin. Neither of these videos showed it from what I can tell.  Has anyone seen it in a video?  I’m curious the difference in size compared to regular Sea Terrace.

Yes the shower is shown in the second video and it is quite big and rectangular. it appears to be considerably larger than a royal Caribbean tube shower.

3 minutes ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Yes the shower is shown in the second video and it is quite big and rectangular. it appears to be considerably larger than a royal Caribbean tube shower.

At the beginning of that video it specifically says it’s a standard cabin, so I don’t think that is the shower for the extra large cabin. The shower is supposed to be significantly bigger.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, flgrl67 said:

It's a 4-night cruise in warm weather with no formal nights. How much luggage are you really going to have? This might have been their thoughts on the limited storage space. 

Please don’t presume to know my situation.  I don’t live in the USA and we maximize our Vacation time when we travel.  

It’s a five nighter and just one of the cruises I will be taking on this trip. I will be bringing two suitcases and a carry-on and so will my spouse.  We have never had a problem with putting the suitcases under the bed on ships, apparently until now. 

We meet a lot of people that do this as well. Not everybody just takes a single cruise.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Please don’t presume to know my situation.  I don’t live in the USA and we maximize our Vacation time when we travel.  

It’s a five nighter and just one of the cruises I will be taking on this trip. I will be bringing two suitcases and a carry-on and so will my spouse.  We have never had a problem with putting the suitcases under the bed on ships, apparently until now. 

We meet a lot of people that do this as well. Not everybody just takes a single cruise.  

Unfortunately the beds don’t look high enough off the floor to fit much underneath them, even if you have them made up as a bed.  At least that is the impression I got from the videos I’ve watched.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flgrl67 said:

It's a 4-night cruise in warm weather with no formal nights. How much luggage are you really going to have? This might have been their thoughts on the limited storage space. 

Whilst they are only short cruises, do you think people will specifically travel to Florida just for the cruise? No doubt a four or five night cruise will form part of a longer trip. Not everyone lives within driving distance of Miami.

• Like 1

In our cabin, which has bed first and counter top near the balcony, there is a space for a large suitcase between the dresser and the balcony door, There is also a space between the bed and the bathroom wall or under the cloths hanging rail.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChipLondon said:

In our cabin, which has bed first and counter top near the balcony, there is a space for a large suitcase between the dresser and the balcony door, There is also a space between the bed and the bathroom wall or under the cloths hanging rail.

That's not what these guys want to hear. These guys who won't be sailing on virgin anyway and are wasting their time here want to hear that virgin makes you sleep on top of your suitcases

• Haha 1

We gave up on 'proper' suitcases after so many were damaged on transatlantic flights (we are from the UK but have lived in Canada/USA for 21 yrs so fly a lot back & forth) and now use rolling duffel bags. These will fit easily under the bed for storage. They are also lightweight so don't waste too much of your weight allowance!

5 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Whilst they are only short cruises, do you think people will specifically travel to Florida just for the cruise? No doubt a four or five night cruise will form part of a longer trip. Not everyone lives within driving distance of Miami.

We will be flying to Miami from Kansas & California (where hubby works) for a one night stay the night before our 4 night cruise & then home on the day we get back to port. Hubby prefers short trips, and we use  a lot of vacation days visiting UK family so this short cruise is perfect for us - we are going on Richard's Birthday Bash.

5 hours ago, ChipLondon said:

I don’t like seeing my battered suitcases when I’m on vacation.

Oh well. 

1 hour ago, AlyssaJames said:

Oh well. 

I don’t either.  I like everything out of sight. Being a flight attendant I’m always living out of my suitcase.  The minute I get home it goes out of sight in the closet.  I don’t want to be reminded of it.  I’m the same way on vacation.  I don’t want to see the bag until it’s time to go.  

8 hours ago, eroller said:

I don’t either.  I like everything out of sight. Being a flight attendant I’m always living out of my suitcase.  The minute I get home it goes out of sight in the closet.  I don’t want to be reminded of it.  I’m the same way on vacation.  I don’t want to see the bag until it’s time to go.  

Same here...first thing I do when I get to a hotel room or cruise cabin is unpack and put away my luggage.  

• Like 2

It looks like you can just put your suitcase in the closet, under the hanging rod. There should be enough room that any long things still have a spot they can be. When I was in Japan,  our hotel room had limited space. That was what we did to get the suitcases out of the way. 

1 hour ago, Nightrythm said:

It looks like you can just put your suitcase in the closet, under the hanging rod. There should be enough room that any long things still have a spot they can be. When I was in Japan,  our hotel room had limited space. That was what we did to get the suitcases out of the way. 

You don’t know how my husband packs!  That closest would be filled to the gills, even on a short cruise.  

On 3/5/2020 at 3:03 AM, AlyssaJames said:

Oh well. 

There really is no need to ...... The space at the end of the counter top ( in bed first layout ) easily hides a large suitcase. Also despite what others say some suitcases do fit under the bed, and all do if opened up. ( although that makes it harder for Cabin attendant )  Another case could fit under hanging space. 

• Like 1