San Juan River Tubing Adventure

I'm due to set sail on Oasis in April and while I've been checking periodically to see what excursions are available, I just came across the River Tubing Adventure excursion in San Juan. Has anyone done it? There's not too much info available on the listing. Do you have to hike to the river? (The only shoes it mentions are water shoes, so I'm guessing not too much) Tour time is listed as 4 1/2 hours, how much of that is actually on the river? Mostly, I'm just looking for a little more detail from someone who has given it a try. Thanks.

Saw this for our Harmony San Juan stop but did research on the Tanama River area.  It is a LONG way from San Juan to the west.  From what I can see on the reports it is around 1/2 hour on the water for the $84 cruise line cost and 4 1/2 hours tour.  You will spend most of your time on a bus (tour companies say 1 hr 40 minutes west of San Juan).  Decided it wasn't cost effective and will just wander around the forts again this cruise.

Note that reviews (search for Tanama River Tubing) are good.  But descriptions indicate that the falls tour is only about 1 kilometer on the river.  For $50 we would probably do it but not for the $84 RCI wants.

We had the same reservations about the Seven Colors Lagoon tubing out of Costa Maya.  Knew in advance that that ride was 1 3/4 hour each way on the bus and still went.  Great tour, but much too long a commute to do again.

I did this years ago with my son - it was the highlight of our cruise.  It was a distance from the ship, but the tour guide was quick to point our sites and give a commentary of day-to-day life of the island.  The river rafting was relatively calm and lots of fun.  Not a lot of walking.