Feb 8th Miami Hotel pre cruise

sdrocks

Just on a whim decided to check our hotel price at Hampton Inn Miami Brickell.  Surprisingly shocked to see the price had actually dropped $40.

Called them & rebooked at the lower rate.  Not cheap by any means, but liked the reviews so that's why we chose this one.  I am not a fan of "not nice" motels.

Hope the reviews are correct.  Just in case anyone else has this motel and could save some money.

20 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

Just on a whim decided to check our hotel price at Hampton Inn Miami Brickell.  Surprisingly shocked to see the price had actually dropped $40.

Called them & rebooked at the lower rate.  Not cheap by any means, but liked the reviews so that's why we chose this one.  I am not a fan of "not nice" motels.

Hope the reviews are correct.  Just in case anyone else has this motel and could save some money.

We stayed there and liked it very much!  Nice, safe area!!  

We had the same thing happen to us on a price drop.  We just called them and they changed our rate immediately!!

Not to derail this thread in any way but how often are folks doing hotel mock bookings to check for price drops?  I’m already used to doing the same for Carnival & did get a little $40 bonus on my last cruise but was thinking hotels would be a little less susceptible to downward market fluctuations than cruises.  

Anyhow I was between Hampton Brickell and Miami Intercontinental for our Oct-2020 cruise & the all-in difference is down to about $60 IF I prepay (not a fan of this as they can charge your  card anytime between booking and travel).  Last time I did this my card was charged right before traveling so I had to make a payment on my travel card as I like to have full funds available.  Sorry for the long post.

If it is a pre-paid booking, the Hilton family usually charges you at the time of the booking. Never heard of them waiting. We try to avoid pre-pay, non-refundable fares unless there is no other option, which does happen.

Hotel prices fluctuate just like air fares and cruise fares.

@CruiserBruce

Sorry I should have been clearer-the prepay discounted option was at Intercontinental (which I prefer because of the great bay view).  I’ve prepaid at other IHG hotels & you never know when they will change.  Probably not willing to pay close to $100 more there than at Hampton Brickell for comparable pay-at-stay.