My view on the Meraviglia

tallyho8

I am going on the Meraviglia on the Feb 2nd sailing and have been reading some ship reviews and I read that there is only ONE outlet in the balcony cabins.  Only one outlet in the entire cabin!  Would someone who has sailed on the Meraviglia be able to confirm the number of outlets in the cabins?  Thanks in advance!

There is one 110 volt regular double outlet by the desk and a 110v/220v outlet above the sink for shavers only.

Also a few 220v outlets. I use this converter I got cheaply on Amazon to plug into one of the 220 outlets so that my 110 outlets can be used for other things. This converter is used to charge both of our phones and our Ipad at the same time.

IMG_4212.jpg

A three-tap is cheap at any hardware / dollar / department store, and comes in handy in hotel and cruise rooms.  

I also have a charger with two USB ports plus a pass-through electric outlet.  I can charge two USB items plus still be able to access the electrical outlet for a fan, laptop, etc., all at the same time.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:50 PM, capitalbarry said:

Entertainment was the worst we endured from MSC, TOTALLY AWFUL..

Really? Having more than 50 cruises under my belt I can say without reservation the shows in the Broadway theatre were by far the best i have ever seen on a cruise. The lounge bands (excluding Kene), not so much. 

16 hours ago, camofwilliamsburg said:

I had to beg for tissues... I got them. I had to ask for top sheet, I got it. Will not return to this ship, was not a favorite at all!

Is the lack of a top sheet specific to Meraviglia OR is that fleet wide for MSC?  Wondering about it for possible future cruise on a different ship. 

Edited by blueslily

It was a simple fix...asking for it.  I was told, “This is specific for this class of ship.”

I have to agree with capitalbarry on the entertainment. MSC entertainment has always been a cirque- ish elements interwoven in to all productions. This was taken out and replaced with a large dance troupe, who were better than the other cruise lines, but not what MSC has been known for.  The dancers did a song and dance show night after night just group moves minus a few times of real dance.  MSC was known for singers and real dancers dancing behind the singers. Now for the majority of the time it was running across the stage, prancing as I call it, strutting, and not much substance. The only cirque shows were extra money and fell short in my opinion since everything done in Viaggio was done better and more spectacular in regular shows on Divina. 

On 1/27/2020 at 10:11 PM, blueslily said:

When you requested wash cloths from the room steward, were they provided? 

We only had to request the wash cloth and tissues. They were provided immediately and the wash clothes were replaced with each cleaning. I don't remember not having a top sheet and didn't ask for ice.

11 hours ago, cynalan said:

Really? Having more than 50 cruises under my belt I can say without reservation the shows in the Broadway theatre were by far the best i have ever seen on a cruise. The lounge bands (excluding Kene), not so much. 

Sorry.... Been on over 12 MSC's and these production shows were AWFUL... Yes MSC usually h as the best Production show for sure, just not this time. Also being on 50 cruise, (good for you), but seems you say that in  a few of your posts .I am  just  sayin that everyone has there opinion... 🙂

MAybe the shows were good because compared to other production shows on other lines maybe the dancers could prance a bit better, but it feel flat to those who have been with MSC for a long time and have seen breathtaking shows each time.  I have done 44 cruises, and I also felt these were terrible. If I had been on RCCL maybe it would be a step up for them, but for MSC fell far short.

Shows are as subjective as meals.... but the pay extra cirque shows were boring. To have a acrobat wrap the scarf from that height and unroll twice was NOTHING compared to Divina shows where they unwrapped themselves and "fell" from the height of the main theater to inches off the ground.   There was NOTHING new in Viaggio unless you have not been on other MSC cruises.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg
  • Like 1

Just boarded the Meraviglia in Miami. Wow, Super Bowl created a mess. In a B2 Balcony Fantastica. The cabin is already stocked with wash clothes and tissues in the bathroom. No top sheet, but I requested it from the room steward and he said he will put it on the bed tonight. So far ok. If you're watching it tonight,  enjoy the Super Bowl everyone! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blueslily said:

Just boarded the Meraviglia in Miami. Wow, Super Bowl created a mess. In a B2 Balcony Fantastica. The cabin is already stocked with wash clothes and tissues in the bathroom. No top sheet, but I requested it from the room steward and he said he will put it on the bed tonight. So far ok. If you're watching it tonight,  enjoy the Super Bowl everyone! 

Bon Voyage.

On 1/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, GOLDENBONNY said:

I wonder how NCL still in business but many people love it. I guess we all different but one fact for sure MSC is changing towards CArnival and I hate it. 

I agree platium plus on ncl , all the lines r getin cheap , they just lower the prices and fill there ships

10 hours ago, capitalbarry said:

Sorry.... Been on over 12 MSC's and these production shows were AWFUL... Yes MSC usually h as the best Production show for sure, just not this time. Also being on 50 cruise, (good for you), but seems you say that in  a few of your posts .I am  just  sayin that everyone has there opinion... 🙂

I didnt like every show , 2 were good ncl has good shows 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:33 AM, tallyho8 said:

The only reason those cruises were priced that cheap was because they were supposed to sail to Ocean Cay and they had to cancel that stop because it was not ready yet. Many people chose not to sail until Ocean Cay was open so there were a lot of empty cabins at the last moment before they sailed to a shorter and less desirable itinerary. 

Yes true as people got back 50 bucks obc for not stoping at island 

we stopped there the week before and although there was still work in progress the island was open .the only reason it did not stop there this week was due to bad weather and not because the cabins were empty,check your facts

On 1/27/2020 at 6:55 PM, tallyho8 said:

When I first sailed on the Divina, I thought it was so nice that I booked it again plus booking the Seaside. In over 50 cruises on different lines I think that the Seaside is the best designed ship although I have to say that I think Celebrity has better food, beds and service. So I booked the Meraviglia hoping that it was even better. It was the most disappointing cruise I ever had. They has no Kleenex, no wash clothes, no top sheet on the bed, no ice unless you begged for it every day, no extra roll of toilet paper so we ran out a couple of times even though we requested it, a lumpy bed,  only Heineken beer in most bars for the easy drink package though some had Miller Lite, some of the rudest employees I ever saw on a cruise ship, TCM was the only channel on the TV showing movies and they were very old ones and not very appetizing food.

If anyone is considering booking the Meraviglia, I recommend the Seaside instead. 

Just now, ron746 said:

i also got off the meraviglia on january 27,in my cabin i found 3 rolls of toilet paper which were replaced when used ,wash cloths

replaced when used, bed was great ,slept great and as faras the easy drink package the value is great for some peoplewho dont drink 20 drinks a day.The cost of the package is $35 a day compared to $62- $70 for the only package on RCI or NCL only package.MSC has 3 different packages and you can " choose" which best suits your needs.That is the difference between them and the other lines,a lot of people do not like that but do not critisise it just say its not for you