My view on the Meraviglia

tallyho8

When I first sailed on the Divina, I thought it was so nice that I booked it again plus booking the Seaside. In over 50 cruises on different lines I think that the Seaside is the best designed ship although I have to say that I think Celebrity has better food, beds and service. So I booked the Meraviglia hoping that it was even better. It was the most disappointing cruise I ever had. They has no Kleenex, no wash clothes, no top sheet on the bed, no ice unless you begged for it every day, no extra roll of toilet paper so we ran out a couple of times even though we requested it, a lumpy bed,  only Heineken beer in most bars for the easy drink package though some had Miller Lite, some of the rudest employees I ever saw on a cruise ship, TCM was the only channel on the TV showing movies and they were very old ones and not very appetizing food.

If anyone is considering booking the Meraviglia, I recommend the Seaside instead. 

While I also really didn't like Meraviglia, most of your complaints seem to apply to MSC as a whole.  What type of cabin and which dining room did you have?  What did you think about the entertainment, Cirque, specialty dining, galleria, lounges, pools, crowding?  To me Seaside put the focus on being outside and enjoying the scenery while Meraviglia was more  inward focused on the ships facilities. 

3 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

When I first sailed on the Divina, I thought it was so nice that I booked it again plus booking the Seaside. In over 50 cruises on different lines I think that the Seaside is the best designed ship although I have to say that I think Celebrity has better food, beds and service. So I booked the Meraviglia hoping that it was even better. It was the most disappointing cruise I ever had. They has no Kleenex, no wash clothes, no top sheet on the bed, no ice unless you begged for it every day, no extra roll of toilet paper so we ran out a couple of times even though we requested it, a lumpy bed,  only Heineken beer in most bars for the easy drink package though some had Miller Lite, some of the rudest employees I ever saw on a cruise ship, TCM was the only channel on the TV showing movies and they were very old ones and not very appetizing food.

If anyone is considering booking the Meraviglia, I recommend the Seaside instead. 

When you requested wash cloths from the room steward, were they provided? 

Meraviglia, was at least the most disappointing cruise we have taking with MSC. Although the ship is GERGIOUS,,, it stops there. Entertainment was the worst we endured from MSC, TOTALLY AWFUL.. We had Aurea Suite, so no complaints with Tissues or Face Clothes. Although we had to ask our Stewards for every perk we were supposed to have.. once asked we received. You have to PAY to get the norm stuff which is SO BAD... Again MSC has to rethink there Customer service for ALL PASSENGERS....

Edited by capitalbarry
Font was too big..

Just now, capitalbarry said:

Meraviglia, was at least the most disappointing cruise we have taking with MSC. Although the ship is GERGIOUS,,, it stops there. Entertainment was the worst we endured from MSC, TOTALLY AWFUL.. We had Aurea Suite, so no complaints with Tissues or Face Clothes. Although we had to ask our Stewards for every perk we were supposed to have.. once asked we received. You have to PAY to get the norm stuff which is SO BAD... Again MSC has to rethink there Customer service for ALL PASSENGERS....

Can you make it a  bit bigger? 

CB ... I Have to add my voice to this chorus regarding Meraviglia, not our favourite MSC ship of the seven we have sailed on and very disappointing. Many times I thought we had been moved on to a Carnival ship such was the noise level of music blaring out almost everywhere all day long.

• Like 1

Sidari, totally agree.. So much has changed with the MSC Brand, In my opinion NOT in a good way.. 😞  I have a Deluxe Yacht Club Suite booked for Dec 13, 202 on Meraviglia , in which I booked last Dec 2018 while on Seaside.. I sure will be cancelling it as soon as new  Dec. 2021 Caribbean  Itineraries from MSC come available …. 

• Like 1

blueslily,  MSC has a great brand for the money, most of us like the MSC Brand which was offered a few years back.. Hence new changes to the line sometimes makes loyal MSC cruisers uneasy at times... Some changes aren't for the good or better for the cruise line or its cutomers. MSC needs to hear from the customers. They do check these chats on cruisecritic.

13 minutes ago, capitalbarry said:

blueslily,  MSC has a great brand for the money, most of us like the MSC Brand which was offered a few years back.. Hence new changes to the line sometimes makes loyal MSC cruisers uneasy at times... Some changes aren't for the good or better for the cruise line or its cutomers. MSC needs to hear from the customers. They do check these chats on cruisecritic.

So, the posting of complaints here on Cruise Critic is done to get MSC to make changes?  The comments here on these boards are actually for MSC staff? 

I'm still curious. With all the negative comments, how does MSC currently fill their ships?  Somebody is sailing on them. And they arent all first time cruisers. So, Im just curious about this.

25 minutes ago, capitalbarry said:

After reading the complaints here on these cruise critic boards, maybe the MSC staff will return facial tissues to all rooms. Turn down the music by the pool. Allow people to take water and soda onboard. Improve drink packages. Offer more food options late at night. Offer food thats better than "inedible". Extend buffet  hours. Add more staff to Guest Services onboard. Etc. Etc. 

Have you all noticed improvements in response to complaints posted here on these boards?

5 hours ago, blueslily said:

Have you all noticed improvements in response to complaints posted here on these boards?

I have but I'm not sure if my "issues" with the suite were all fixed because I posted (with pictures) or they were simply fixed just because they were fixed. They were minor things that could have been fixed in a day.

I've read negative things about Seaside...my cruise was excellent.

I've read negative things about Meraviglia...I'll post my opinion after I sail.

I've read negative things about Europa...I'll book that one, too.

I've been on Splendida, Preziosa, Seaside and Bellisima. mixture of normal cabins and Yacht Club. All experiences have been superb especially the YC. Next cruise is September 2020 on Meraviglia to NYC from Kiel, Germany. Travelling Yacht Club so I really have no worries about our trip. We are pretty chilled out and any minor problems can be sorted with a word in the ear of the YC Director.

18 hours ago, sidari said:

CB ... I Have to add my voice to this chorus regarding Meraviglia, not our favourite MSC ship of the seven we have sailed on and very disappointing. Many times I thought we had been moved on to a Carnival ship such was the noise level of music blaring out almost everywhere all day long.

Really? I would say we nad not enough music on our cruise... Definitely was not loud I am the first one who hates loud music. But not my favorite ship for sure anyway. 

13 hours ago, blueslily said:

Wow, with all the negative comments on these boards about MSC, how do they fill their ships? I know that Americans are not the majority on the ships usually, but MSC has several ships sailing out of the US now. Just makes me wonder. 

I wonder how NCL still in business but many people love it. I guess we all different but one fact for sure MSC is changing towards CArnival and I hate it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

but one fact for sure MSC is changing towards CArnival and I hate it. 

Do you mean all of MSC or non-YC MSC?

Do you mean just for Caribbean sailings or for all sailings (e.g., Europe, South America).

And for Caribbean, do you also include the Preziosa?

14 hours ago, blueslily said:

So, the posting of complaints here on Cruise Critic is done to get MSC to make changes?  The comments here on these boards are actually for MSC staff? 

I'm still curious. With all the negative comments, how does MSC currently fill their ships?  Somebody is sailing on them. And they arent all first time cruisers. So, Im just curious about this.

Love your SARCASM......... this site is used to  inform   individuals on experiences and to help them have a great and better experiences  on there cruises... NOT just for MSC STAFF.. had just mentioned MSC looks at theses posts. What they do with them no Idea, but I know MSC does hold and Host  Cruisecritic meet and greets on most of there Sailings.

Edited by capitalbarry
wrong wording
  • Like 2

We were on Seaside for Christmas in the YC and I had to laugh after I unpacked and was putting the suitcases under the bed there was a roll of toilet paper still in the plastic of a four pack.  The tissue box was empty.  

I took the box out from the holder, that was not easy to do but left it there figuring they would get the point.  We had to ask but once we did not only did they fill it but left an extra box and extra toilet paper too.  As we used the wash clothes they were replaced.  However, I admit after all the comments on CC I was prepared. Packed tp, kleenex and old wash clothes.  Didn't use any of them and we left the roll under the bed for the next person to find.

• Like 1