Small Change To Cheers Program?

katstoy

Over on another website someone currently on the Panorama posted that despite having Cheers she was charged for the large format water bottle in the main dining room.   After inquiry at guest services and with John Heald on that same site, it was apparently confirmed that as of January 1 the large format water bottles are no longer a part of Cheers.   Anyone run into this on a sailing since the 1st?  Just curious.  The Carnival site still shows the large bottles in the main dining room as part of Cheers.

Yes, I know this is a first world issue, but I would think that this would create more work for the waitstaff (and not really save on any plastic) by now having to make several trips to my table with more of the smaller bottles.  So long as they don't take away my Patron or Grey Goose I'm still good!

5 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

My understanding is that Large Water always had a charge.  Are you thinking of sparkling water in MDR ?

Large water bottles are included in the MDR...or at least they were. I didn’t know it until the first time I ordered a drink at dinner. After the waiter knew I was on cheers I got a large water bottle every night.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Large water bottles are included in the MDR...or at least they were. I didn’t know it until the first time I ordered a drink at dinner. After the waiter knew I was on cheers I got a large water bottle every night.

This is what we have experienced as well. 

I think it is more likely the server in the MDR didn’t know large bottles of water in the MDR and speciality restaurants are covered by Cheers. We have been charged for large water bottles several times on both the MDR and various speciality restaurants. Every time we have told the server this should be covered by Cheers and every time they came back and said we were right after checking with someone (not sure who the servers talk to, but they always come back with a reverse charge receipt). 

• Like 1