Star Princess - which stateroom type?

CherylFP

Hi.  I'm trying to choose between a balcony stateroom, premium balcony stateroom, mini-suite or club mini-suite.  We have four teenagers and 6 adults so will want 5 staterooms.  I would appreciate any feedback.  Many thanks.

Cheryl

When I’m on a grand class ship such as the Star, I always* opt for a balcony on the Caribe deck as I get to save money vs. a mini suite, or a club class mini, but I get a way bigger semi shaded balcony. That said, a mini suite might be more cost effective /maximize space way to go for you as depending on the age of the teenagers, unless you allocate 1 adult per cabin, you may not be allowed to have just two teenagers in their own cabin.  

*well when I typed always, my last 2 cruises on the Star were in full suites, but they were 3 day cruises and I was “accelerating” my achievement of Elite status. 😉  I’m back to my Caribe balcony cabin on my HI circle for this Thanksgiving. 

The mini suites aft on Emerald deck have great size balconies that are fully covered.

There are only like 12 of them and they go fast.

You could get an inside or 2 across the hall for the teenagers?

All the balconies on Caribe deck have huge balconies that are half covered.

They are excellent too bu the cabin itself is a normal size nothing fancy.

Balcony, all in a row so you can open it up and make it larger for the large group. 

Also, the idea of having the teenagers across the hall is perfect. We've done that before with our kids. Just be sure to mark your cabin no upgrades when you book, if you want to all be together. 

Edited by jennybenny

10 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

The mini suites aft on Emerald deck have great size balconies that are fully covered.

There are only like 12 of them and they go fast.

You could get an inside or 2 across the hall for the teenagers?

All the balconies on Caribe deck have huge balconies that are half covered.

They are excellent too bu the cabin itself is a normal size nothing fancy.

Agree there are 12 mini's on emerald, but no insides directly across.  As a mater of fact there are only 2 insides in that area.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Star-Princess

6 hours ago, CherylFP said:

Thank you. Caribe deck sounds good. Are they normal balcony cabins or premium balcony. Many thanks. 

Caribe deck has some balcony cabins that sleep two and the premium balcony cabins (mid aft) that sleep up to four.  It depends on how many people you want per cabin. There are also interior cabins across from them that sleep two, if you wanted to put the teenagers there. As long as one of them is age 16 or older you can book them in it without an adult, since you would also want to link all of your bookings together (Princess does that on the phone if you ask them to). And yes you can ask to have your balconies connected when you get onboard. We do this all the time. 

Forgot to add that if you book the teenagers with the adults (as the third or fourth passengers) you will pay a lot less for them. But if you want to book all ten people in pairs then it's definitely worth it to look at balcony cabins and interior cabins across from them. Or if the fares are good, the cheapest balcony cabins are usually the midaft BB cabins on Baja deck. They sleep up to three with a bunk bed but can be booked for two. There are some on Aloha deck as well but I would avoid the ones that are right below the pool deck.