Upgrade???

Paula B

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I responded with questions. NC for 3rd person to upgrade, supposed to get champagne on boarding, now wondering if that's a 1/2 bottle or glass, 2nd & 3rd persons are minors.  

I was in a mini with my mother and aunt. We each got a glass of champagne-no bottles!

On 2/4/2020 at 3:51 PM, voljeep said:

Good call … just hang in there - another upsell will be on the way soon

Is that true?  Do they sometimes send a second offer?  I got an upsell email on Tuesday on my 15 day Panama Cruise in early April from a balcony to a mini suite.  Was going to be $599 pp additional.  I called to get more information and ended up rejecting it.  

Also I found that the upsell people are not into negotiating.  The offer was definitely was meant for Princess to make money, not to reward a loyal cruiser.  😞

I had an offer to move from an inside to a balcony on the March 7 15-day cruise on the Grand from San Francisco to Hawaii for $429 per person in mid December.  I countered with $429 total and was rejected.  Mid-January I received another offer for $299 per person and I could pick my balcony from about 30 or so offered.  A balcony on the Lido deck (my favorite) was offered, so we decided it was worth it to us since the cruise had so many sea days and was for 15 days.  Perhaps not the best offer we might have seen, but we are happy with it.

In any case, they do send additional offers at times.  By the way, I was only given an email and no phone number to respond.

Edited by mbglib
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes. The 1st offer was to upgrade to same MB for 499pp. It was not worth 1497 to me. Then I got an offer 2 weeks later for 199pp. Same MB. Only 20 three person mini suites at that time. Pick my best option and got it. Visa charged 432 that day as I'm now not paying to switch my $1 third person fare.  Now there aren't any three person mini suites left. 

If I'm quarantined on a ship with 14 & 6 yr olds I want a separate sitting room, larger balcony, barrel chair plus sofa, 2 TVs (March madness), and bathtub

• Thanks 1