Splendor is here

Here is more on the arrival of Regents new ship from Graham Sadler (UK director for Regent)

Greetings from Dubrovnik as I am finally aboard Seven Seas Splendor, and I don’t think I can wait much longer to tell you all about her! 

She is looking quite exquisite, different to Explorer but similar at the same time. I think you are going to love the new Observation Lounge which has a subtle nod to an English garden with glass roses and decorative etched glass panels. The library has been extended in size so if you want some real quiet time, go here to get your head into one of the library’s extensive new range of books (I saw the entertainment crew hauling these on last week!). The new Coffee Connection has a lighter and brighter feel, with a casual outside area and we’ve added more space around this area too, now including two puzzle tables which sit outside the Meridian lounge. All in all Splendor is raising the bar like 'Sergey Bubka'.

Regent SEVEN SEAS CRUISES | AN UNRIVALLED EXPERIENCE | GRAHAM'S PICK OF THE WEEK | NEW YEAR IN PARADISE | VIEW ITINERARY

Edited by Belfast Taxman
  • Like 1

I got that this morning too...but on Facebook someone is posting from the ship with great interior photos, photos of her suite (a Splendor suite) etc.  They are in Dubrovnik today presumably sailing late this afternoon.  She gets off in Civitavecchia on Monday but where they will be tomorrow is a mystery at the moment.  The ship looks wonderful!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

I got that this morning too...but on Facebook someone is posting from the ship with great interior photos, photos of her suite (a Splendor suite) etc.  They are in Dubrovnik today presumably sailing late this afternoon.  She gets off in Civitavecchia on Monday but where they will be tomorrow is a mystery at the moment.  The ship looks wonderful!!

Saw that FB post...she truly looks spectacular!

Absolutely.  In fact I already said to Ken - I want my photo taken there!!  And I HATE having photos taken!!

She is now en route to Civitavecchia.  Off the coast of Calabria and about to turn around the "toe" of Italy and go through, sometime today I suppose, the Straights of Messina.  Travelling at 15km/hour.   ETA in Civitavecchia is 3 February at 0630.   Wish I were standing in Messina and seeing her go by!  But it's a bit far for a day trip.

10 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

Splendor is making her way closer to Barcelona!  Currently  (4 Feb )docked in Livorno.  Presumably sailing tonight with one sea day and getting to Barcelona early Thursday am to collect her first "real" passengers.

"Real passengers".....that would be US! 🍾

Lucky you!!  I actually think that there are a group of Travel agents etc on board right now...as there were from Ancona.  AND  why not?   Only from Ancona we had the lovely Francesca Barone reporting...

At this minute she is still docked in Livorno...   Will check back tomorrow!

And Kwaj girl - PLEASE send all the photos/comments etc you can... we are 4 weeks away from leaving here (Switzerland) to go to the US and then to San Diego!!  Thanks!  Merci! Merci vielmals! 

7 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Lucky you!!  I actually think that there are a group of Travel agents etc on board right now...as there were from Ancona.  AND  why not?   Only from Ancona we had the lovely Francesca Barone reporting...

At this minute she is still docked in Livorno...   Will check back tomorrow!

And Kwaj girl - PLEASE send all the photos/comments etc you can... we are 4 weeks away from leaving here (Switzerland) to go to the US and then to San Diego!!  Thanks!  Merci! Merci vielmals! 

I shall do my best though I'm not real tech-savvy.  Patience, my friend!  I will be posting on the joint blog with Mr Rumor