Number of gangplanks for leaving the Sky Princess

gerena

We have never been on this big a cruise ship.  Our last ones were on the HAL Prinsendam and the Pacific Princess  (both less than 1000 pax.)  So now we are booked on the Sky Princess and wondered if they have two places where people can go ashore to get to their independent excursions more quickly.  From the looks of a diagram for Roatan, it looks like it does.  Please advise.  Thank you.  

Yeah, another Hoosier.  Bet you wish you were back on the cruise!  Thanks for the information.  

Question #2.  Did the Sky use local time or Ship's time in Roatan.  I have an independent tour starting at 9:30 AM Local Time or 10:30 AM Ship Time.  On the Sky itinerary we are in port from 10-6.  

I don't know whether to book at a later time to be sure or ................  The tour is with a Tour Company booked through our travel agent.  They know the time the ship is in port and gave me the above times or a 1:30.  I chose the morning one, not thinking more until today when I am finalizing my documents to leave on the15th.  Tried calling the tour company and they are closed for the weekend.  Thanks.

48 minutes ago, gerena said:

We have never been on this big a cruise ship.  Our last ones were on the HAL Prinsendam and the Pacific Princess  (both less than 1000 pax.)  So now we are booked on the Sky Princess and wondered if they have two places where people can go ashore to get to their independent excursions more quickly.  From the looks of a diagram for Roatan, it looks like it does.  Please advise.  Thank you.  

I wouldn't worry.

I was on the Sky for almost a month.

I never worried about getting off for any private excursions etc.

Just made sure I was ready to go as soon as they cleared the ship.

It works very smoothly.

18 hours ago, gerena said:

The had two different locations. Mid ship was the main one.

OOPS!  You are too funny, but thanks for the correction!  Guess I'm "stressed" because when I booked the independent excursion, I didn't read the time carefully and don't know whether the ship uses Local or Ship time in Roatan.  I may need to change my time if I can't get it figured out.

6 minutes ago, gerena said:

Thanks.  Do you know if the ship used local or ship's time in Roatan.

That one I do know know. We went to St.Thomas and St.Martin and they had us change the time back an hour and the night before returning to Ft. Lauderdale we changed it ahead to standard eastern.

Sky time changes.jpg

No problem.  We are doing B2B and didn't think about that when I asked you the question.  The screen shot is great.  Looks like they use local time---which has been what all ships we have ever been on have used.  

If the Princess itinerary indicates 10:00 arrival (I assume local time), then my 9:30 tour (local time), will need to be changed.  

In my experience on many cruises including a couple away from the Caribbean, Princess converts ship time to match local times so there isn't any confusion.  Cannot say if they do it all over the world, but Europe, South America, USA and Canada, they match port time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

In my experience on many cruises including a couple away from the Caribbean, Princess converts ship time to match local times so there isn't any confusion.  Cannot say if they do it all over the world, but Europe, South America, USA and Canada, they match port time.

Thanks......that's been my perception too.  So will need to call the tour company in the AM.  They knew when the ship would be in so don't understand why they gave me a tour time 30 minutes before the arrival time!!  (Unless the Princess itinerary time is ship time).  Who knows...............  I'll call both tomorrow.