Coronavirus-new communication NOT from HAL

molemaui

I'm sailing HAL in mid February and doing a back to back with Celebrity. I received an email today from Celebrity regarding the coronavirus. An excerpt is below.

Image did not load.

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation.  Before you embark on this exciting journey, we would like to provide some important information regarding your upcoming travel plans.

As you may be aware, China is currently experiencing an outbreak of coronavirus. Due to the potential spread of coronavirus, the World Health Organization has declared the outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern – this allows governments to proactively dedicate resources intended to ensure the safety of citizens and travelers around the world. 

After further consultation with public health authorities and medical experts, we have decided that any guest, or crewmember, who has traveled to, from, or through China or Hong Kong within 15 days of departure will be unable to board our ships – this includes guests who had connecting flights in China or Hong Kong

They go on to say that if you even connect while flying through China or Hong Kong, you will be denied boarding. 

Right or wrong, I appreciate Celebrity's efforts to maintain a "healthy" ship and am waiting for the same type of communication and leadership from HAL. 

• Like 2

HAL did send a similar communication last week to those on my roll call for Friday's sailing on Zuiderdam, so they are on it. From what I understand, the cruise ship group CLIA has taken this approach after the Costa ship had the scare when a passenger became sick. Fortunately it was not the coronavirus.

• Like 2

We leave on the Veendam out of Fort Lauderdale this Wednesday, the 5th and we received this communication from HAL over the weekend.  Pretty much the same verbage.  I think they are sending it out to the passengers with the upcoming cruises in chronological order.  As you can imagine, this virus has had an affect on travel worldwide  and their office have been quite busy  re-arranging some folks travel plans that have been affected.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowsby said:

Just posted on the February 15th Westerdam roll call......it is getting very serious........

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-03/adelaide-couple-stuck-on-cruise-ship-refused-entry-to-manila/11923620

Someone who is on the ship posted on another thread about coronavirus. Said no one was wearing masks, they would arrive at their next port tomorrow and they were having a wonderful time on this cruise. They said their experience is completely unlike the couple in the article you if that helps.