Excursion Suggestions for Kids!

Pianogrl44

Our family is travelling to San Juan in March, we’re in port from 7am-4pm with Harmony.  We’ve been a few times previously and done the walking tours and forts but wondering if anyone has anything new to suggest.  We have two daughters 7&11 - they will be happy no matter what since we’re on vacation, but I would love some new ideas of things we could do here, particularly if you’ve done an excursion that you loved and would recommend!

With that amount of time, you have some options to get out of the city, if you have done that before. There is the El Yunque rain forest, of course, that tours visit or you can rent a car if you are comfortable driving yourself. There are some good trails to walk, waterfalls, and the jungle to see.

If they have an interest in astronomy or space, you could visit the Aricebo Observatory which is absolutely massive. Many tours to the observatory include other stops along the way as well.  

Hacienda Campo may be an interesting option as well. Now, I haven't been there myself (and am aware we are not supposed to recommend places we haven't been), but it has a lot of things to do like horseback riding, zip lines, ATV, etc. 

A quick Google search of any of the above should give some ideas on what is available. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, Pianogrl44 said:

Our family is travelling to San Juan in March, we’re in port from 7am-4pm with Harmony.  We’ve been a few times previously and done the walking tours and forts but wondering if anyone has anything new to suggest.  We have two daughters 7&11 - they will be happy no matter what since we’re on vacation, but I would love some new ideas of things we could do here, particularly if you’ve done an excursion that you loved and would recommend!

Kite Flying at El Moro.  Parents are actively encouraged to join in.  Family together fun?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...