Bliss upgrade bid

Matco

Hey guys so we are currently booked in a Spa Mini Suite for our upcoming Alaska cruise in May and I just got our upgrade bid email and wanted to see what you guys think. The only one that catches my eye is the Spa Suite since we wont loose access to the Thermal Suite. The other thing is we have 2 others in out group and they are only 3 doors down from us in the same Spa Mini Suite, if we bid to move and so do they there's a chance we won't be close anymore, not a huge deal but we have a pretty good location now... Help me decide 

image.png.8b8a2fcdfa2c9fabd4a20ac4eb42e5d9.png

image.png.5695f52b84ac82e5613056b805324f46.png

I know that's why I'm leaning towards waiting it out and see if they drop the Min bids a bit, the spa suites and owners suite have been sold out on the website for awhile now. This is our first time on NCL and our first experience with the upgrade bidding system, so that's why I wanted to get some opinions from you all on how the prices seemed and what my best option would be 

Minimum bids will never change.  That's your algorithm. 
However, you might wait it out and see if pricing drops so you can just pay the difference and upgrade yourself or decide what to bid later on.

2 hours ago, Matco said:

I see, good to know. 

Question, how would I be able to see the price of a cabin even though it say sold out on the website? Do I have to call and ask about upgrading? 

Alaska is very popular, I looked at Bliss may sailings, may 24th completely sold out for haven spas, the other three sailings in may the price difference between a mini spa and haven spa were 2,000 per person, for two sailings and the third sailing was 3,000 difference.  Also keep in mind just cause the offered you to bid doesn't mean you have a good chance in getting it, the also use bidding for data mining for future pricing, enjoy your cruise 

7 minutes ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Would it be fair to say that bidding on a newer ship like the Bliss would be harder/more expensive than it would be on an older ship? 

It depends on the ship yes but supply and demand, sailing on off season to a not so popular destination makes a difference 

2 hours ago, EleventyBangBang said:

Would it be fair to say that bidding on a newer ship like the Bliss would be harder/more expensive than it would be on an older ship? 

Not really. It depends on the cost of the rooms (e.g., a room on a Caribbean cruise is cheaper than Alaska per day) and the specific people on your cruise. 

What most don't realize is that NCL have sold discounted upgrades for a long time. In the "olden days", they use to do this over the telephone with a call center set up for upsells. With the launch of a new megaship every year, that doesn't work well any more and NCL moved to an automated system. 

7 hours ago, MaryZ said:

Minimum bids will never change.  That's your algorithm. 
However, you might wait it out and see if pricing drops so you can just pay the difference and upgrade yourself or decide what to bid later on.

Question about minimum bids never changing? I'm in an inside and 4 days ago when I initially received the email to bid, the lowest amount to bid on a balcony was $100. Today it's $150.

It did change and can I expect it to go up?

6 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Question about minimum bids never changing? I'm in an inside and 4 days ago when I initially received the email to bid, the lowest amount to bid on a balcony was $100. Today it's $150.

It did change and can I expect it to go up?

well then I take that back...obviously it can change if yours went up. 

• Like 1