Spring Forward and ship time

Hey there, apologies in advance if this is a stupid question or has been asked in the past.

We will be on the Harmony Western Caribbean sailing out of Port Canaveral on March 1st, and spring forward (DST) is set to happen on March 8th, the morning of disembarkation. In the past, has RCCL set the clocks forward earlier in the cruise in order to avoid confusion on the last day, or do they just remind everyone the night before to set their clocks forward? 

Every sailing can be different depending also where going. I've Cruised last 7 out of 8 Fall Backs. We Sprung Ahead one hr couple times first nite as we went further East, Falling back hr later in Cruise and one more hour Last nite. Others, we Fell Back on Last Nite at end of Cruise. Always get extra hr sleep before getting off. Not sure Spring ahead

Edited by ONECRUISER

I suspect that they'll make some sort of announcement or it'll be in the Cruise Compass.  They'll have to be on DST for departure so you can count on them springing forward.  I doubt they'll do it a day early. But you never know. I would just plan on setting your clocks and watches forward when you go to bed the night before disembarkation.

Edited by papaflamingo

It depends.  If changing time would put you at odds with the time of your next Port then they might not do a time change.  Otherwise it’s like any other time change and it will in the cruise compass, mentioned at shows or a note on the bed. 

The few times I've been on a ship when this happens they have set the clock ahead the same night as you would at home.  Yes that might be the night before you leave.  I was actually on a cruise where the did the normal move ahead two nights before we left and then again the night before we disembarked.  I was surprised many people weren't late.  🙂