Need help with choosing itinerary

bekbek4248

Hi, I've been searching and searching on the boards to find a post that helps with my question but no luck so far! I would appreciate help from this amazing group! 

My husband and I are hoping to book one of these cruises today-- on the new Apex, either the eastern Caribbean itinerary that heads to St. Kitts, St. Thomas, and Puerto Rico or the Key West, Mexico, and Grand Cayman itinerary. We've been to PR and St. Thomas and have loved it! But, we also love the idea of heading somewhere new and it helps that the KW, Mexico, and Grand Cayman trip is a few hundred cheaper. Does one stand out as the obvious choice?? 

We'd love your help deciding! I'd be grateful to get your thoughts on which is the better choice? 

A little about us - we are younger-ish, laid back, we love to explore and we love the sun. We're up for anything! Help! :) 

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

For us it is easy; DW refuses to go to Mexico.  End of story.  I do like Key West and Grand Caymen.

I would choose the eastern route.  St. Thomas has some beautiful beaches, or you can go to St. John's which is just a short ferry ride away.  St. Kitts is enjoyable as a beach day and we both really like San Juan.

50 minutes ago, kenevenpar said:

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

For us it is easy; DW refuses to go to Mexico.  End of story.  I do like Key West and Grand Caymen.

I would choose the eastern route.  St. Thomas has some beautiful beaches, or you can go to St. John's which is just a short ferry ride away.  St. Kitts is enjoyable as a beach day and we both really like San Juan.

I am kinda concerned with Mexico too.

I prefer the Eastern itineraries.  We like the lushness of the scenery, and often the water is nicer.  Our last cruise with stops in Mexico, we didn't even get off the ship.

ETA:  If you haven't been on a Western itinerary, though, Key West is a fun stop, and we liked the stingray snorkel on Grand Cayman.

Edited by hiccups