Air Tahiti Nui...

jka

Hi all,

Looking for input regarding Air Tahiti Nui.  We had the audacity (sarcasm intended! :)) to book our flight through American Airlines who subcontracted to Air Tahiti Nui for the LAX to PPT portion.  AA can't give us seat assignments - not their flight.  Air Tahiti Nui won't give us seat assignments as we booked through AA.  Its ridiculous - I've tweeted, texted, called etc without resolution and believe me I'm persistent and assertive.  I actually wanted to upgrade seats on A-T-N and couldn't do that either.  Contractual obligations is what I'm told.  Ha - its a crap ton of run around for a $$$$$ ticket.  Never had this issue before anywhere in the world.  

Enough whining.  Anyone know a work around?  My husband just had his hip replaced so we're looking for better seats or at least an aisle.  Not to mention seats together.

THANKS!

We also have flights booked through AA, with a flight on Air Tahiti Nui, but had no trouble getting seats assigned.  I emailed Air Tahiti Nui and they responded very quickly and assigned our seats with no issues.  They were very friendly and helpful.  We even had to reassign seats when they changed out an airplane and they responded again quickly to my email and assigned us seats again.  Sorry you are having trouble getting your seats.  Hope you can get it worked out.

Pam

I've never had problems in the past either though things have changed over the last year with ATN zeroing in on some French Bee policies on seat pricing. If you can find your actual locator ATN locator number you should be able to go directly to ATN web page and go into your records and pick your seats. Contact AA and ask if they can give you the locator number for the ATN part of your flight. It is different than the AA locator number. Sometimes ATN can find you through your name and flight number and give you your locator number on their flight 😉

2 hours ago, LTCOP said:

We also have flights booked through AA, with a flight on Air Tahiti Nui, but had no trouble getting seats assigned.  I emailed Air Tahiti Nui and they responded very quickly and assigned our seats with no issues.  They were very friendly and helpful.  We even had to reassign seats when they changed out an airplane and they responded again quickly to my email and assigned us seats again.  Sorry you are having trouble getting your seats.  Hope you can get it worked out.

Pam

Hi Pam.  

Do you have the email you used?  Thanks!!

2 hours ago, Tahitianbigkahuna said:

I've never had problems in the past either though things have changed over the last year with ATN zeroing in on some French Bee policies on seat pricing. If you can find your actual locator ATN locator number you should be able to go directly to ATN web page and go into your records and pick your seats. Contact AA and ask if they can give you the locator number for the ATN part of your flight. It is different than the AA locator number. Sometimes ATN can find you through your name and flight number and give you your locator number on their flight 😉

Good idea!  I’m going to try!

• Like 1

JKA,

I just used the Contact link at the top of the ATN homepage and filled out that form.  TahitianBigKahuna is right - you AA record locator will not work on ATN.  When I emailed, ATN gave me their record locator which will allow you to log in to your reservation with them.  You can choose your seats with that, but actually the person who emailed me back assigned us our seats. 

Good luck!

Pam

• Like 1

I'll be really interested to see how this works out for you and hope it has a happy ending.

We also booked ATN via Qantas but it was 9 months prior to the flight and plenty of seats. No problem getting seats via Qantas.

The airlines withhold about 1/3 of available inventory for booking seat assignments. Once the first 2/3 is allotted no more advance seating assignments. We travel in April and there haven't been seat assignments available since December.

Is it possible that this has anything to do with the inability to get seat assignments?

With recent hip surgery if you are ok with it, you might request bulkhead seating due to  disability.

Hope this all comes out in your favor. It is a long flight.

Unfortunately, no resolution despite doing all the suggestions.   Lots of it’s contractual, AA would have to change your ticket, we’re still working things out with them, yada yada yada.  Lesson learned for sure. 

Thanks all,

Nancy

1 hour ago, jka said:

Unfortunately, no resolution despite doing all the suggestions.   Lots of it’s contractual, AA would have to change your ticket, we’re still working things out with them, yada yada yada.  Lesson learned for sure. 

Thanks all,

Nancy

We booked tickets through AA on Air Tahiti Nui and were able to select seats and upgrade to bulkhead for $80 pp.

Cannot remember if I used the ATN record locator to get the seats and upgrade or if I called their Los Angeles reservations phone. I did call them once and was able to get help. You do need to have the ATN record locator if you call.

Their contact info:

Reservations Call Center
Tel: +(877) 824-4846
Mon-Fri 6am to 5.30pm / Sat-Sun 8.30am to 5pm

On 2/10/2020 at 2:30 PM, Petoonya said:

I'll be really interested to see how this works out for you and hope it has a happy ending.

We also booked ATN via Qantas but it was 9 months prior to the flight and plenty of seats. No problem getting seats via Qantas.

The airlines withhold about 1/3 of available inventory for booking seat assignments. Once the first 2/3 is allotted no more advance seating assignments. We travel in April and there haven't been seat assignments available since December.

Is it possible that this has anything to do with the inability to get seat assignments?

With recent hip surgery if you are ok with it, you might request bulkhead seating due to  disability.

Hope this all comes out in your favor. It is a long flight.

You answered my question without asking.. I booked on Qantas 2 weeks ago for April and it seems the best I can do is request a non specific aisle seat. I have this fear of being stuck in a middle seat for the long flight, hopefully I will just sleep through the overnight flight

11 hours ago, kelib said:

You answered my question without asking.. I booked on Qantas 2 weeks ago for April and it seems the best I can do is request a non specific aisle seat. I have this fear of being stuck in a middle seat for the long flight, hopefully I will just sleep through the overnight flight

Glad you got an aisle seat! Get there early and see if you can't snag a desirable aisle. When are you cruising in April? Our cruise is Oceania on 4/14 and we fly out 4/12 11:55 pm.

14 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Glad you got an aisle seat! Get there early and see if you can't snag a desirable aisle. When are you cruising in April? Our cruise is Oceania on 4/14 and we fly out 4/12 11:55 pm.

14 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I fly out the night of 4/14 for the NCL cruise on Friday, so I have 2 days in Papeete. Wanted to at least give myself some time in case something with a flight goes wrong. 
Between the sale on NCL, FF Miles to get me to LAX and back from HNL, then the good price with Qantas it made a trip that I thought was out of my reach doable.

2 minutes ago, kelib said:

I fly out the night of 4/14 for the NCL cruise on Friday, so I have 2 days in Papeete. Wanted to at least give myself some time in case something with a flight goes wrong. 
Between the sale on NCL, FF Miles to get me to LAX and back from HNL, then the good price with Qantas it made a trip that I thought was out of my reach doable.

That's wonderful Kelib! Your planning was superb 🙂 Have a fantastic time.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, jka said:

Hi all,

Looking for input regarding Air Tahiti Nui.  We had the audacity (sarcasm intended! :)) to book our flight through American Airlines who subcontracted to Air Tahiti Nui for the LAX to PPT portion.  AA can't give us seat assignments - not their flight.  Air Tahiti Nui won't give us seat assignments as we booked through AA.  Its ridiculous - I've tweeted, texted, called etc without resolution and believe me I'm persistent and assertive.  I actually wanted to upgrade seats on A-T-N and couldn't do that either.  Contractual obligations is what I'm told.  Ha - its a crap ton of run around for a $$$$$ ticket.  Never had this issue before anywhere in the world.  

Enough whining.  Anyone know a work around?  My husband just had his hip replaced so we're looking for better seats or at least an aisle.  Not to mention seats together.

THANKS!

I just called this week and paid for an aisle with extended leg room for $80.

1 hour ago, jka said:

For all of you who have had success with upgrades or seat assignments, did anyone book initially through American Airlines?

Yes, booked thru AA using miles, then purchased upgrade thru ATN using their record locator code.

We booked through American Airlines also to LAX, then Air Tahiti from there.  I just emailed Air Tahiti and they responded very promptly and assigned our seats.  I even emailed them a second time to change our seats and they did that as well.  I had tried to do it myself online, but couldn't seem to do it so I emailed them and that worked out fine!  Good luck.  

On 2/7/2020 at 11:03 PM, jka said:

Hi all,

THANKS!

I am on the 3/10 flight from LAX.  I too booked it through AA, Boston to LAX on AA and then LAX to PPT on Air Tahiti.  They wouldn’t let me choose seats online so I went to their site and asked for a callback.  Got one within a minute and they gave me a seat assignment  (although I paid an extra $80 for more legroom).  They were great!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, brandybit said:

We booked through American Airlines also to LAX, then Air Tahiti from there.  I just emailed Air Tahiti and they responded very promptly and assigned our seats.  I even emailed them a second time to change our seats and they did that as well.  I had tried to do it myself online, but couldn't seem to do it so I emailed them and that worked out fine!  Good luck.  

I have written them twice with no response in 19 days. I used the contact us sheet, did you use a different email address. 
update: as soon as I hit edit I realized that I had nit looked in junk mail and there it was... still do not have great information other than they cannot book me a seat till I get to the airport due to codeshare. 

Edited by kelib