Turning Platinum

lisagro

I have 12 days before I will turn Platinum. My next cruise will be a 14 day cruise, and I know that I should be considered platinum from the beginning. My question is: When I print out my luggage tags, boarding pass, etc, will they say platinum on them? Right now, everything is saying gold. Thanks for the input.

Per CCL FAQ for the VIFP Club:

Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?
VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.  

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise). Please note that ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, therefore, points are not earned for that day.

It is very strange. It says gold next to my name, I can't find a booking summary, and when I clicked on "Print my boarding passes," it does say priority, but says TBA for room. We already have a specific cabin booked for this cruise. Hmmmmmm.🤔

7 hours ago, lisagro said:

It is very strange. It says gold next to my name, I can't find a booking summary, and when I clicked on "Print my boarding passes," it does say priority, but says TBA for room. We already have a specific cabin booked for this cruise. Hmmmmmm.🤔

Did you happen to book through a TA?  Sometimes that is the way things show up on the Carnival site when booked through a TA if you haven't reached final payment. 

7 hours ago, lisagro said:

I can't speak for the TBA, but when everything said Red going into my last cruise (which I reached Gold on the last day), so I was slightly concerned, but my card was indeed Gold once I got onboard and my pin & drink coupon both were delivered to my stateroom.  Since they say priority I wouldn't worry at all about the status. The TBA on the room would have me slightly concerned, but honestly I wouldn't bother with that in hopes they put me in the wrong room so I could request a partial refund/onboard credit, but that is obviously dependent on room type booked and how important location is.

FYI -  MY VIFP profile currently shows me as Gold.  However, I will be platinum on the 5th day of my upcoming April cruise.   My status showed as Gold on my travel documents until I made my final payment just last week and completed my online check-in.  After which, the status changed to platinum on by boarding pass .

Of note is that I also have 4 other cruises booked in the future and they all have my status as Gold at the moment.  I would expect that to change once I complete my next cruise.

I did book through a TA, if that makes a difference. I do have a cabin assignment on the booking, just not on the boarding pass I see, but it is too early for online check-in. The other cruise I have booked is even farther in the future and also has me at gold. I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to worry about trying to get an early check-in time for boarding.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 6:02 PM, JMAE said:

Per CCL FAQ for the VIFP Club:

Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?
VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.  

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise). Please note that ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, therefore, points are not earned for that day.

Strange. ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, On that last part because I'll hit day 75 on day 8 of my cruise and my tags show priority and I didn't buy Faster to Fun for myself. I wonder if this was an update to the policy that wasn't in effect when I booked. 

21 minutes ago, brooklynfc said:

Strange. ‘debarkation day’ is not considered a ‘cruise day’, On that last part because I'll hit day 75 on day 8 of my cruise and my tags show priority and I didn't buy Faster to Fun for myself. I wonder if this was an update to the policy that wasn't in effect when I booked. 

NEVERMIND. I was counting wrong. I indeed will be Platn. on the last Sea Day of the cruise.