NCL Encore Room 9702 Front

Cleo1611

We have been assigned OV Room 9702 on the Encore and it is located on the front of the ship - not forward...  has anyone stayed in any of the front cabins?  There is one cabin 9700 beside it which is also OV, but much larger... this one seems tight.  I'm concerned about the motion at the front as people are saying this ship rocks more than usual.

I think this is what it looks like.. sharing with a room mate I don't know well.

ov.jpg

ov2.jpg

The only place on the ship you’ll be safe from rocking is the lower middle, 4, 5, or 6. We’ve been everywhere, forward, aft, forward port, aft port, always movement of some kind, depending on sea conditions. If you get seasick easily, this is not the cabin for you. We love the rocking motion, very relaxing. Use your best judgement to enjoy every cruising moment!

Should be okay unless you hit rough seas. The front ( not forward) cabins can get really rocking and loud in rough seas. The sound of the waves crashing on the hull will be loud and scary. I would not recommend front cabins on deck 9 to anyone.

36 minutes ago, hladygirl said:

Should be okay unless you hit rough seas. The front ( not forward) cabins can get really rocking and loud in rough seas. The sound of the waves crashing on the hull will be loud and scary. I would not recommend front cabins on deck 9 to anyone.

OMG really? here's a picture of the front of Encore -- hard to believe waves would be 'crashing' that high up in the Carib -- unless there's a hurricane I guess... our room is beside the bumpout in the middle, hard to see but...

rovfront.jpg.19158b5c5160d9cffd84cc3387aa16e2.jpg

2 hours ago, Cleo1611 said:

OMG really? here's a picture of the front of Encore -- hard to believe waves would be 'crashing' that high up in the Carib -- unless there's a hurricane I guess... our room is beside the bumpout in the middle, hard to see but...

rovfront.jpg.19158b5c5160d9cffd84cc3387aa16e2.jpg

Omg, yes really. Been in that location during rough seas. Not fun. Standing in the room during rough seas was dangerous. Could not even try to take a shower when seas were rough. I am not talking about little waves. Trust me the front is horribly rocky in rough seas.

55 minutes ago, MaryZ said:

Since you were assigned this room (I'm guessing you booked a guarantee) you don't get to change it with NCL unless you pay to upgrade.

That was my issue. No choice otherwise would have changed it. Traveled in one of those cabins by choice and regretted it. Live and learn. Booked my first ever guarantee cabin and gone assigned cabin in same area. That time is was more forward and a 100% worse.

5 hours ago, Cleo1611 said:

In rough seas, you will be rocked to sleep to the sounds of waves crashing on the bow. 

We have had a forward facing room on deck 10 during a storm. We also had a medivac so there was a USCG helo outside the windows for an hour at 3 am ( along with the noise from the crew preping the area for the 90 minutes preceding. ).