Bliss Drinking Challenge

JamieLogical

On the penultimate full day of my December sailing on the Bliss, I had planned to set myself a drinking challenge. The idea was that during each hour from the time I got up to the time I went to bed, I would have a different drink from a different bar. I started in the 8:00 am hour with a screwdriver from The Local, but I only made it to the 7:00 pm hour when something I ate for dinner at disagreed with me and I had to call it a night. Lest all of you think this is an insane amount of alcohol, I was only having the one drink per hour so was never drunk. In fact, I don't think I was ever really even buzzed.

Anyway, I am sailing on the Bliss again in March and want to try to undertake this challenge again, but maybe with a little more planning this time about WHICH drink to order at WHICH bar. That's where I am looking for your help. I know many of the bars have specialty drinks that aren't available ship wide. What recommendations do you have for drinks to try at specific bars? And just as a memory refresher, here is a list of all the bars on the Bliss (excluding the specialty restaurants, Vibe, and Haven):

• Atrium Bar
  • Maltings Whiskey Bar
  • Mixx Bar
  • Observation Lounge Bar
  • Skyline Bar
  • Social
  • Spice H2O
  • Sugarcane
  • A-List Bar
  • Cavern Club
  • Cellars (I don't like wine so will be skipping this one)
  • District Brew House
  • The Local
  • Waves
  • Surf
  • Garden Cafe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bbritton81 said:

No drink suggestions other than what week in March are you cruising?  I'm going to take full advantage of my unlimited beverage package on my March 8 sailing and this seems like a good way to do it one day at least!

I'm actually sailing B2B in March. The weeks of the 15th and 22nd.

• Like 1

I will be tackling the same endeavor in May.  For sure the Espresso Martini at the Observation Lounge.  The Guillotine at The Brew House and The Jalapeno Mojito at Sugercane.  Unlike you I will most likely take a couple of days to do this because I will be with a good friend who likes to drink as much as me so we will be having two or three at least at each stop.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tutontow said:

I will be tackling the same endeavor in May.  For sure the Espresso Martini at the Observation Lounge.  The Guillotine at The Brew House and The Jalapeno Mojito at Sugercane.  Unlike you I will most likely take a couple of days to do this because I will be with a good friend who likes to drink as much as me so we will be having two or three at least at each stop.

I'll be doing the Ginger Mojito at Sugarcane. That's just a given. My favorite bar tender ever, Nestor, introduced me to it on that December cruise and I am HOOKED. I'm a fan of the Jackhammer at District. What's in a Guillotine?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Maltings has a Woodford Old Fashion that is $13.  It is strange because Woodford by itself in the same menu is $23.  And they do use a full shot.

Oh boy, I am dead meat.  I will do my best to not have old fashions before sundown or when I am gambling.  Woodford is my go to bourbon.  Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Maltings has a Woodford Old Fashion that is $13.  It is strange because Woodford by itself in the same menu is $23.  And they do use a full shot.

Which bar is counted if you have a glass of wine at dinner?

As noted, I don't drink wine. But I plan to try to schedule this challenge for a day I am doing dinner at a specialty restaurant with it's own bar and I will count that drink towards that bar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

As noted, I don't drink wine. But I plan to try to schedule this challenge for a day I am doing dinner at a specialty restaurant with it's own bar and I will count that drink towards that bar.

Ahh, I was asking for my own purposes because I don't know which bar it would be if I were eating in the Manhattan room.

I'm also not sure I have enough self control to only have 1 drink per hour.  I think I could swing it for at least one sea day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

I'm also not sure I have enough self control to only have 1 drink per hour.  I think I could swing it for at least one sea day.

it actually was more challenging than I thought it would be! Especially when I was having those drinks sitting/hanging out at the bar, chatting with people. Once my drink ran out, it was pretty hard not to order a new one from that same bar!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

it actually was more challenging than I thought it would be! Especially when I was having those drinks sitting/hanging out at the bar, chatting with people. Once my drink ran out, it was pretty hard not to order a new one from that same bar!

Quite honestly the OL is so nice and so close to our cabin we very rarely drank anywhere else.  I will make sure to check out all of the other bars n our May cruise.

16 minutes ago, Tutontow said:

Quite honestly the OL is so nice and so close to our cabin we very rarely drank anywhere else.  I will make sure to check out all of the other bars n our May cruise.

The outdoor seating at Sugarcane and Cavern Club are really lovely in nice weather. You should definitely check those out!

What a great idea!!!  I will definitely be following.  Unfortunately, I have no suggestions because I have no experience (yet) on NCL, but will be doing a test run of this on our 21-night Panama Canal cruise in April -- early in the cruise, so I can perfect my technique :-)

5 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

What a great idea!!!  I will definitely be following.  Unfortunately, I have no suggestions because I have no experience (yet) on NCL, but will be doing a test run of this on our 21-night Panama Canal cruise in April -- early in the cruise, so I can perfect my technique 🙂

I plan to do the same on my B2B on the Bliss in March. I regret not attempting it until so late in my December sailing. I need to start early so I can fine-tune my technique!

• Like 1

I also think this is a great idea, maybe I will try this in April.  I am pretty good with having a drink every hour, but going to a new bar sounds fun.  I know that I usually stick with using the same bars over and over and never even going to some of the other ones.