Return flights from IAH

Tasm3n

What is the earliest y'all would have a return flight leave from IAH after debarking in Galveston?  I'm ready to book flights and honestly have no idea what amount of time I should plan for.  Flying out of Hobby is an option if I have to but would prefer the flight out of IAH as it is non-stop and cheaper.

9 hours ago, fdthird said:

I would say, to be totally comfortable,something in the afternoon like between 3 and 5. It’s not a 15 minute trip and you never know about traffic.  

I ended up doing a 3:30pm flight out of IAH.  Figure, if we get there early, we'll go hang out in a lounge until it's time to fly home. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2020 at 9:12 AM, Drinal01 said:

I debated between 3:45 and 5:15 and went with 3:45 ..  I would say anything before 1 is a no no.  Anything before 3 during fog season is also probably a no no.

What months do you consider fog season?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So we are ending our Panama Canal in Galveston.  Have to fly back from to Tampa.  I see there are a few different airports in Houston .  We would rather take a non-stop from Houston to Tampa.  I think IAH has more direct than the other airport.  My question is how do we get from the Galveston Port (Carnival) to Houston?  I really don't want to rent a car..is there shuttles organized by Carnival or third party vendors that will run us to Houston.  It looks to be at least 60 minutes (probably more) as we get back into Port on a Friday morning.

Recommendations?

Cheers!

What months do you consider fog season?

The short answer is that fog can happen anytime but early spring and fall seem to be the foggiest.

In the winter, if a strong cold front comes through all the way into the Gulf of Mexico it will blow the fog out to sea. If it stalls out right along the coast line you may have fog until mid-morning.

It’s sort of a crap shoot.

I would suggest not booking a flight out of either Hobby or IAH before 2:00 PM or even later to be safe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1