Canceled Mardi Gras cruise

Jerseygirl1416

I didn’t save the letter I got regarding my canceled cruise. If I remember right the deadline to book to get  the $200 OBC was Feb. 18th is that right? Also, can you book with a TA and still get the 25% FCC and the $200 OBC on a booking or do you have to book directly with Carnival? And if you can book outside of Carnival how do you go about getting the FCC and the OBC?

Thanks in advance for any information.

58 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I didn’t save the letter I got regarding my canceled cruise. If I remember right the deadline to book to get  the $200 OBC was Feb. 18th is that right? Also, can you book with a TA and still get the 25% FCC and the $200 OBC on a booking or do you have to book directly with Carnival? And if you can book outside of Carnival how do you go about getting the FCC and the OBC?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Yes, you have to book by the 18th to get the OBC. I have the letter somewhere, if I find it I will let you know.  I saw something about Carnival sending TAs info on their commissions being protected. I’d say you will be able to book through a TA, but I would call and check with Carnival or your TA.

• Like 1

Yes, you have til feb 18th to rebook with 25% off and $100 pp onboard credit.

We re- booked, got the same cabin in Feb 2021 and REALLY got a great deal.

You can use your TA which should have told you about this weeks ago.

Go to the ccl site, click on news and you will find the email they sent to everyone.

We are the Moore's

Tampa Bay 🙂

Go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lottiegreen56 said:

If you book online without a pvp or TA following cancelled bookings, you have a better chance of getting called by the upgrade fairy. My friend in management told me about this little tip two summers ago after we had a hurricane affected voyage. 

While that used to be true, I am fairly certain that is no longer so.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

While that used to be true, I am fairly certain that is no longer so.  

Did they overhaul the booking system recently? I know it's been awhile - she said it was a feature of the booking system that prioritized non-commission vs commission units for perks when the units are considered extra capacity. It was a backend thing she said was used as a way to get priority for upgrades.

8 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

Did they overhaul the booking system recently? I know it's been awhile - she said it was a feature of the booking system that prioritized non-commission vs commission units for perks when the units are considered extra capacity. It was a backend thing she said was used as a way to get priority for upgrades.

TA’s now get offered the same upgrades (for their clients) utilizing the same system. They are notified and have a time limit to get acceptance or it moves on.   

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

TA’s now get offered the same upgrades (for their clients) utilizing the same system. They are notified and have a time limit to get acceptance or it moves on.   

I think I'd rather have them call me than playing phone tag with a TA who may have been unavailable to take the call. You never know when those upgrade fairies are feeling friendly.

9 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

I think I'd rather have them call me than playing phone tag with a TA who may have been unavailable to take the call. You never know when those upgrade fairies are feeling friendly.

It is true that he who hesitates loses.  We have offered out upgrades and they hesitated and when they called back it was gone.