Question about RCCL vs Travel Agent booking

First off I have no idea if I’m allowed to ask this question but I don’t know anyone to ask.  I’ll take my lickin if I’m wrong.

We have booked several times at Next Cruise then had our TA take over the res. later on to take advantage of perks offered on both sides. I would like to know, is it possible to do the same thing with a RCCL res. made online?  Also, is it possible to get a balcony credit, loyalty perk, by just asking for it, if we are not on a cruise at the time?

5 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

I would like to know, is it possible to do the same thing with a RCCL res. made online?

You can only get the on board booking OBC (and low deposit) if you book on board.

Edited by Biker19

10 minutes ago, TinkBellaMom said:

First off I have no idea if I’m allowed to ask this question but I don’t know anyone to ask.  I’ll take my lickin if I’m wrong.

We have booked several times at Next Cruise then had our TA take over the res. later on to take advantage of perks offered on both sides. I would like to know, is it possible to do the same thing with a RCCL res. made online?  Also, is it possible to get a balcony credit, loyalty perk, by just asking for it, if we are not on a cruise at the time?

You have 60 days from the time you make a reservation to transfer it to a TA.  All the perks are eligible except the OBC and reduced deposit for booking on board. 

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All the perks are eligible except the OBC and reduced deposit for booking on board. 

Huh?  I get the OBC from booking on board, even when transferring the booking to my TA.

I haven't had a reduced deposit, as we normally do suites.

1 hour ago, SRF said:

Huh?  I get the OBC from booking on board, even when transferring the booking to my TA.

I haven't had a reduced deposit, as we normally do suites.

The poster I quoted was used to doing bookings through next cruise and was familiar with those perks. He was asking about what was different if he booked online. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1