Haven Restaurant daily specials?

psac

Just now, BirdTravels said:

None. The menu never changes. Breakfast, lunch and dinner

Darn, thanks. I had heard a while back they were doing daily specials. I guess they decided that was too much work. Oh well. Thanks again!

I was on the escape from 2/1-2/8, there were daily specials.  One night was Italian sausage on gnocchi, another night was tortellini in Alfredo, we basically got the special each night we ate there as our "third" meal, tasting between us.  

• Like 1

We didn't see any specials on the Joy in September. People were ordering pizza from the room service menu in the Haven restaurant. We saw one young girl do it. Pretty soon other people were doing it too. I had room service pizza three times during the week. Twice we did room service rather than walk 30 feet to the restaurant. TBO, the food in the Haven wasn't that good, but that was just before the Haven galley refit, so it might be better now. The first night I had dinner in the Haven I became sick, so we only went there one other night, and my kids had what made me sick the first time, and they got sick too. So, for the entire 7 nights we only had dinner there twice, and lunch there twice. Breakfast was OK-ish, but the menu was limited, so by the last day I just didn't bother at all, as it had become too repetitive, and I was still sick from the first dinner there, and just wanted to get off the ship as soon as possible.

Hopefully it is better now.

4 minutes ago, elwood_98034 said:

The first night I had dinner in the Haven I became sick, so we only went there one other night, and my kids had what made me sick the first time, and they got sick too.

Please don't keep us guessing....what was the item that made you all sick?????

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, elwood_98034 said:

Undercooked duck. A single bite was all it took, so the thing must have been absolutely crawling.

Yikes!  Surprising to hear the restaurant was that bad overall. We loved the Haven restaurant in the Escape, and definitely looking forward to the Encore. The only complaint was the lack of variety, so hoping for those specials, but even without the specials it should be fine.  I’ll just make sure the duck is cooked well!

I'm a senior and love eating in the Haven on the Joy - much easier than fighting crowds and I always enjoy the menu.  If I want anything different, I call room service to avoid the crowds.

Edited by lazydaz
typing error