Freedom of The Seas Deck 11 Jr. Suites?

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

@John&LaLa may have some feedback from some other ship as Freedom is still in dry dock and no one knows anything about them yet. 

We stayed on 12. Is Freedom getting the full treatment like Navigator, or just the small group on Starboard?

Spoke with someone who had a deck 11 JS on Mariner and they loved it

I have 1106 on The Adventure in April...Not sure if the Freedom will be the same but if you do a search for cabin 1106, a couple of threads come up with pictures... I am under the impression that the JS are a little longer and since the Adventure did not get all of the furniture replaced... these new suites have much newer furniture ..

Edited by Scoobydobe7

On 2/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

I tried to search the stateroom thread and didn't see anything there. Anyone with any feedback on these rooms? Clearly, they were added as part of a drydock.  Seems like an awesome location being on the pool deck.  Any known drawbacks? Anything different about these rooms?

Hi! I sailed on Freedom last summer and stayed in a Junior Suite on Deck 9, room 9594. The room was huge close to everything but not too close where it would be annoying. The rooms are huge. Honestly Royal's Junior Suites are awesome because they just provide the space. I remember walking into the Junior Suite like, this could be 2 rooms. I slept on the pull out and even with that pulled out, there was still a ton of space to walk around in the room. I did notice these on the deck plan that they were being added. While they could be cool because they are new, my issue would be with the fact they are on the deck with probably the most going on. Your pool is up there, the buffet, Chops & Giovanni's and not to mention, these are right in front of the spa- like you need to walk past these to get to the spa. So while I think they would be brand new and cool, I think your noise factor would be high as that deck is highly trafficked. The rooms on the deck are the same size as other ones. I recommend a Junior Suite on Deck 9 from my experience. You are only 2 decks away from food and pool but you still have that deck between you so that you don't get the noise. Hope this helps! Sorry it's a little long! If you want to read a full review from the cruise, I have one here: https://thehappiesttravels.com/2019/07/16/freedom-of-the-seas-cruise-review/. Hope you have the best time! 🙂

4 minutes ago, jenngirl said:

Hi! I sailed on Freedom last summer and stayed in a Junior Suite on Deck 9, room 9594.

Thanks, but I'm well versed in junior suites. I was really just inquiring about these specific rooms. I didn't realize when I posted it that these were literally being added now. I thought they had been there from a previous drydock.

I am interested in them because they are on the pool deck, so close to everything, but only four rooms in a corridor, I am hoping it's a quieter spot.  I am speculating here, but I suspect you will not in fact have to walk by them to get to the spa, but rather that would be done by the opening between the stairwells. I suspect these may simply be functionally dead end hallways.  We'll find out!

• 7 months later...

We just booked a room on Freedom in August on deck 12.  I went to look in my paper RC book and saw that there was no cabins on deck 12.  (I guess I need to geta new paper RC book).  On line, I see that there are added rooms around the SPA on deck 12.  I am guessing it happened in a refurb.  I have no info re: the Jr Suites, but I have never had a Jr Suite I didn't love on any royal ship.