ENCORE- Platinum Dinner & other info

Sand and Seas

Returned two weeks ago from the Encore and wanted to give you a little information that might help your planning. 

We found that the Latitudes desk left a helpful message on our cabin phone.  She said our secondary Platinum dinner (not Cagneys/LeBistro with wine) could be used at Onda, Los Lobos or Q.    We ate at all three during the week and enjoyed them.  

If you have the dining package, I would use it at Onda so you can try more appetizers.  Our server encouraged us to try a couple of items.  Good salads and really tasty short-rib appetizer.  DH had salad and a pizza (which is shareable!)   The Lobster pasta dish was great.  Had some nice chunks of perfectly cooked Lobster.  My DH was very happy with the Bolognese pasta.  Desserts were good too.  

The Platinum dinner is one starter, one main & dessert which works well at Q or Los Lobos.  If you don't have the dining package, I would still choose Onda for the 2nd Platinum meal as it is a unique restaurant & menu.   However, you can't go wrong with Los Lobos or Q if they interest you.  

The message from the Latitudes desk also gave information about where & when to meet for priority tendering at GSC. 

Also, loved Choir of Man!  Observation Lounge was a great place to grab a light afternoon snack (scones/small sandwiches/quiche/salads, etc).

The Local had good service and DH thought they made a great hamburger.  The MDR lunch (at sea) had a different menu on the 2nd day that was a nice change from the embarkation day menu.   All in all, had a great week and looking forward to another Encore cruise😎

• Like 4

thank you so much for the info! Going in May, 1st time as platinum & was trying to decide where to eat, will probably do Cagney's over Le Bistro but undecided about the other meal. I appreciate you giving your feedback. Glad you had a good time 😊 Can I take "another Encore cruise" to mean you liked the ship? 

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Thanks for the update on Onda.  Boarding on Sunday...can't wait!

Have a great cruise!

If you don't have your dinner reservations yet, or you need to change one, go to Teppanyaki as soon as you board.  They usually have four or five stations set up inside for you to make reservations.   Very easy to get a decent time if you go early that first day.

Another suggestion for you, if you have trouble getting into the Cavern Club to see the Beatles tribute band, look for their theater performance later in the week.     On our cruise, it was the evening that we were in San Juan and then again the last night.  You aren't able to make reservations for it so plan to get there at least 20 minutes early to get seats.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Have a great cruise!

If you don't have your dinner reservations yet, or you need to change one, go to Teppanyaki as soon as you board.  They usually have four or five stations set up inside for you to make reservations.   Very easy to get a decent time if you go early that first day.

Reservations set...all specialty dining, but am hoping to move my Q reservation on Sunday to earlier than 8:30 so that will be my first task onboard.  Really looking forward to Choir of Man and Kinky Boots (a big reason that I booked this ship, LOL).

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Another suggestion for you, if you have trouble getting into the Cavern Club to see the Beatles tribute band, look for their theater performance later in the week.     On our cruise, it was the evening that we were in San Juan and then again the last night.  You aren't able to make reservations for it so plan to get there at least 20 minutes early to get seats.  

Thanks.  Saw the Beatles tribute on my 2 Bliss cruises, both in the Club and theatre.  Tried to see the Eagles tribute on the Getaway in November and even with getting there an hour early, there were no seats.  They never did a show in the theatre.  How was this Beatles group?  The first one we had was lacking but when I saw a different foursome in April, they were much better.

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

Thanks.  Saw the Beatles tribute on my 2 Bliss cruises, both in the Club and theatre.  Tried to see the Eagles tribute on the Getaway in November and even with getting there an hour early, there were no seats.  They never did a show in the theatre.  How was this Beatles group?  The first one we had was lacking but when I saw a different foursome in April, they were much better.

The Beatles group on the Encore two weeks ago wasn't the best we have ever seen, but we did enjoy the music.  Sort of a huge sing-a-long going on.  Not sure how often they rotate these tribute bands through so it might be a different one soon.  

However, we were lucky enough to see the Eagles tribute band in the Getaway theater on our November 11th cruise.  They were really good!   I hope NCL is able to get that group for another contract.

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

The Beatles group on the Encore two weeks ago wasn't the best we have ever seen, but we did enjoy the music.  Sort of a huge sing-a-long going on.  Not sure how often they rotate these tribute bands through so it might be a different one soon.  

However, we were lucky enough to see the Eagles tribute band in the Getaway theater on our November 11th cruise.  They were really good!   I hope NCL is able to get that group for another contract.

You were on the week before me 😄

6 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

You were on the week before me 😄

I had the date slightly off, we were on Nov 8th for a 9 day.  I wonder if we got the Eagles tribute band to fill another night in the theater?   They were so good.  We had crowded into the Cavern club to see them but couldn't find a seat.  So glad they had the theater showing.  I think they filled every seat for that one!

18 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Reservations set...all specialty dining, but am hoping to move my Q reservation on Sunday to earlier than 8:30 so that will be my first task onboard.  Really looking forward to Choir of Man and Kinky Boots (a big reason that I booked this ship, LOL).

Any suggestions on how early you need to be at the Cavern Club to see the Beatles tribute band?

1 hour ago, Topdog52 said:

Any suggestions on how early you need to be at the Cavern Club to see the Beatles tribute band?

I went about 45 minutes each time and was fine on the Bliss but as word gets out, it gets harder to find a good seat.  The venue is small which makes it fun but you can still catch them in the theatre later in the week if the Club is full.

1 hour ago, Topdog52 said:

Thank You. Did they play every night or just on certain nights. If it was only a couple of nights where would you find the schedule for them?

They had a sign posted outside the Cavern that showed their schedule plus the theater show.