How does Princess handle price drops?

BulldustHHH

I was curious how Princess handles price drops on cruises for which the deposit has been paid (and perhaps after full payment). I am currently booked in NCL and they had two price drops over the few months since I originally booked the cruise. Both were quickly acknowledged and my fare adjusted accordingly (prior to full payment). After full payment they are a tad more reluctant unless you are willing to cabin upgrade (though some have reported some OBC as compensation).

How are the experiences with Princess in this regard?

They are great with price drops before full payment.  I booked two rooms for a 7 day Alaska cruise on Thursday, I saw on Friday the price dropped $400 per room.  I called them and they adjusted my price and sent me a new invoice when I was on the phone with them.  I have never had an issue with them giving me a price match.

Just note that Princess is not going to proactively reach out to you to let you know that there is a price drop.  You must monitor the pricing and if you see a drop contact your TA or Princess directly depending upon who you did the booking with.

They may do price changes but if a certain promotion is part of it you may lose that promotion.  I booked on the best sale ever with some air savings and when the price dropped I could not be reissued a cabin unless the air savings was lost.  As the air savings were significant it didn't make it worth itl

1 hour ago, ashhill said:

In the UK we have to pay £100 to refare and can only do it once!!!!!!!!!!

Princess should have the same rules worldwide 

Agree...another of my pet peeves.

Wish we could get the same terms, conditions and pricing as our friends 'across the pond' !!!!!

My brother and SIL are booked on a 27 day cruise on Ruby Princess in April. They called their TA on the off chance that they could get the BSE promotion added, since it was after final payment.

To their surprise, not only were the BSE benefits added, but they received a $1,475.00 cdn price drop credit to their credit card. This was totally unexpected!

• Like 1