Red Dog Saloon in Juneau?

gigito2

36 minutes ago, gigito2 said:

Ship scheduled to dock in Juneau at 0700 and departs at 1300 on Sept 10.

Saloon opens at 1100.

Do we have time?

Yes.  Red Dog is a very short walking distance to the ships, or the shuttle if you need to shuttle to your ship.  You will have plenty of time.  However, just realize Juneau is a very busy port.  Red Dog will most likely be packed.  

Went there a few years ago. Great time. Answers to question from the guitar player, What's the most requested song from the tourists?  North to Alaska. Second most requested song? Cheeseburgers in Paradise. He said us tourists are all alike.

IMG_1676.thumb.JPG.26685ffbda017b367c3d4e0234349287.JPG

Edited by Daytonasailor
photo in way of script
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a pretty little bar called the Arctic Bar just a little bit further up the street on the left across from the Alaska Hotel. It was closed when we were there, but it is a great looking place from the outside. Gorgeous woodwork and lighting. On the same side just back from there is a toy store if you want some games for on the ship, and across the street is the Alaskan Fudge Co. Take a backpack. You'll need it. Their fudge is amazing. The toy store is excellent as well.

Oh, there is also a little 7-11 type place just there that sells flat bottles of liquor, and potato chips etc. The bottles have plastic lids, and if you stick them in your front jeans pockets and pull your shirt out, they won't get picked up by security as you get back on board the ship. My wife asked me why the hell I bothered when we had the PP drinks package and our cabin was 30 feet from the Haven bar. Because I could, and as payback for the duck. I always smuggle, just to see if they can catch me. 4:0 so far.

• Haha 1