Disembark at the Manhatten cruise Terminal

Topdog52

So as not to continually hijack this thread, I'm going to create a new post in the East Coast departures forum with questions specific to my NCL disembark and then transfer to NY Penn Station. Hope some of you knowledgeable NCL cruisers can help me 🙂

49 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Best advice:  Don't disembark!  Do a B2B!!  😁

15 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I think you mean a B2B2B2B2B...

If your turn around port is in the US you'll still have to disembark (no luggage required) to clear immigration, return through cruise terminal security and wait until the ship has been cleared to a zero passenger count before being allowed back on board. The process can be quite lengthy if you were on an international or non-closed loop itinerary where CBP does thorough passport checks on everyone, and it can take even more time if there were substantial numbers of non-US citizens on the cruise. We recently wasted a couple of hours going through the process twice on a b2b2b.

Edited by njhorseman

15 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

If your turn around port is in the US you'll still have to disembark (no luggage required) to clear immigration, return through cruise terminal security and wait until the ship has been cleared to a zero passenger count before being allowed back on board. The process can be quite lengthy if you were on an international or non-closed loop itinerary where CBP does thorough passport checks on everyone, and it can take even more time if there were substantial numbers of non-US citizens on the cruise. We recently wasted a couple of hours going through the process twice on a b2b2b.

Good point!  Now when I got off in Miami it was all done on the ship. Once we hit the gangway we were all done and able to walk right out to the street.   I hope that might improve the B2B experience!