entertainment and seating on Reflection

annual cruiser 1968

I am booked on an 11 night cruise January 2021 on Reflection. It's my first X cruise. I am wondering if anyone can tell me WHAT TIME THE THEATER OR COMEDY CLUB SHOWS START. I want to book some dining options and would like to be able to see shows. I called X but did not get a straight answer about show times or seating options for my husband (he is 6'5" tall and over 450#). It seems to be a theme with them that everything gets put off until you are onboard. I have been waiting a week for a reply to shore excursion questions re: weight restrictions, dining chairs for my husband, my food allergies, problems with frequent glitches on their website (they are aware of the issue and have no plan to resolve them), etc. Unfortunately I booked with a NRD or I would probably cancel this cruise. I forgot to consider the dining chairs when looking for a new cruise line. Never had arms on the chairs in dining on our prior line and the entertainment venues had areas of bench seating that could accomodate his size. I am not seeing that on X Reflection. Am I missing something?

Edited by annual cruiser 1968
add info

Show times are usually 7pm and 9pm - but on some itinteraries with late ports if gets moved to 7.30 and 9.30.  If you search CC  - or indeed the wider internet - you will find someone who has posted th dailes for your ininerary which will show for sure.

There is mostly no reserved seating.  The front center of the dress circle equivalent is reserved for suite guests until 5 minutes before the show and there are dedicated spaces for wheel chairs and those who accompany them.  Seating is standard theatre style but there are 2 sections with more bar stool type seating in the upper floor.  There is no bench style seating in the theatre.

• Thanks 1

Shows are usually at 7 & 9pm but that can change depending on the sailing.  That's why you don't really know until you board.

Weight restrictions are usually in the shore excursion descriptions.  

There is loose seating scattered around the theater where they have flexibility to accommodate special seating needs.  They also advertise armless chairs as being available around the ship.  I would contact the Access Department and find out what they offer or how you go about securing what you need (email special_needs@celebrity.com or call 866-592-7225).  The crew on the ship want you to have a good time so they'll do what they can to help.

The part about the chairs is here (see page 8):

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/581563a3#/581563a3/1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My husband likes to sit near the front of the theatre.  If I recall correctly, there is at least one row where the aisle seat and the one next to it don't have an arm between them.   It's 3 or 4 rows from the stage, I believe, on the left side.  I don't know if it's the same on the right side or if there are similar seats further back.  You might want to investigate on your first day on board.  You can wander most of the ship and the theatre is often open during the day on embarkation day.  If you find any seats like these you might want to try to get to the theatre a bit early so you can snag them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

Shows are usually at 7 & 9pm but that can change depending on the sailing.  That's why you don't really know until you board.

Weight restrictions are usually in the shore excursion descriptions.  

There is loose seating scattered around the theater where they have flexibility to accommodate special seating needs.  They also advertise armless chairs as being available around the ship.  I would contact the Access Department and find out what they offer or how you go about securing what you need (email special_needs@celebrity.com or call 866-592-7225).  The crew on the ship want you to have a good time so they'll do what they can to help.

The part about the chairs is here (see page 8):

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/581563a3#/581563a3/1

Thanks. I spoke to Access desk a week ago. I have to wait until I am onboard to request seating accommodations for my husband. I have to speak to the Maitre'D, guest relations and each individual specialty restaurant to try to arrange seating. As far as theater and shows....no special accommodations, it's first come first served. So, he may refuse to watch shows, IDK. They were able to pre-arrange an extension cord for the stateroom. I cannot find out much about allergy info until I am onboard either.They did take my allergy info though.

I try looking at shore excursions but every time I do look for weight restrictions, I find it but when I go back to view the list again, Im get "kicked out" of the shore excursion list for that island. After that happens a few times, the entire X site freezes.. X's IT dept is aware of the problem and there aren't plans to fix it

Edited by annual cruiser 1968
add info

I'm sure this is frustrating for you, but I want you to rest assured that the service on the ship is a thousand times better than their customer service and a million times better than their website!  Your husband is definitely not the first person of size that has sailed and as has been said, the crew will bend over backwards to do what they can to accommodate you. 

As to food allergies, even if you did pre-advise the ship it is always a good idea to talk to the maître d for your restaurant when you board.  I would also advise the waiter(s).  Do you have a set dining time or did you choose Select Dining?  If the former, you will always have the same waiter so that will help make sure you are taken care of properly.  If you have Select Dining, I would speak to the Maitre d' and/or Hostess and tell them you have food allergies so you wish to be seated with the same waiter every night.  It may require a bit of a longer wait, but it would be worth it.  The same would be true if you booked Aqua Class or a suite and were dining in Blu or Luminae.  I don't have food allergies, but others on these boards have posted that Celebrity is very good about accommodating them.  If you eat in the buffet, you can always ask to speak directly to the chef who can advise what dishes may or may not be suitable for you.

• Like 1

I would imagine if they have to source a chair for you in the theater that they'll be able to arrange to "reserve" it, even if it's just with a sign.  I would plan to go to the shows early, though, because they just open the doors and let people in.  There's no real system in place and they don't require tickets.  20-25 minutes before show time is usually pretty empty.

For excursions, have you used the link below to generate a brochure?  You should be able to save it once you create it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

I would imagine if they have to source a chair for you in the theater that they'll be able to arrange to "reserve" it, even if it's just with a sign.  I would plan to go to the shows early, though, because they just open the doors and let people in.  There's no real system in place and they don't require tickets.  20-25 minutes before show time is usually pretty empty.

For excursions, have you used the link below to generate a brochure?  You should be able to save it once you create it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/excursion-brochure/celebrity/

OMG. Thank you so much. This brochure is exactly what I have called and written the Access desk about. I was looking for something that let me weed out excursions that would not be appropriate for him.

• Like 1

I am a paraplegic and travel on Celebrity extensively. The staff on board is excellent at problem solving. I understand the stress of having challenges and going into a different situation. Take a beat and realize you have months to figure this all out. 

I would make a list of questions and post them on the Disabilities section of this board. There are many of us, both with and without challenges, who will travel the Reflection over the next year that if aware of your questions will take notice and try and answer them over time. 

I would plan to board early and do reconnaissance of you own. The theatre has seats where the armrests go up, they have wheelchair seating in the back. Note that special seating fills up fast, unfortunately there is no one monitoring it so those that do not need it will still take it so, plan to be at shows early. They have games and such or you can just relax and visit or have a drink while you wait for the show to start. 

Tours, we always go private. I know these maybe pricier but we can get both the kind of tour we want and also the kind of transportation we need. Try the port section of these boards and also Tours by Locals as well as the other usual places one looks online for this information. 

Try to turn the stress into an adventure. Take your time planning.

PS I will be on the Reflection at the end of March, I will try and keep an eye out for the questions you have posted about seating. 

• Thanks 1