Preferred Limited Upgrade special

Reef Knot

I've never sailed with Seabourn but am taking a first trip in April.

Booked an OB suite and today received a mail from Seabourn via my Uk travel agent offering a limited upgrade special for either a Penthouse suite or a V6 .

Is this normal to receive these sort of offers and are there any consequences to not taking up the offer?

I do not have a large experience pool from which to draw (I'm heading out on my first Seabourn cruise next month), but we also received an offer about a month ago.  We are currently in an Owner's Suite and we were offered, essentially, a 2 for 1 deal for an upgrade to a Signature Suite.  We thought about it, but the idea of spending another 3K on top of what we already spent just seemed like a little too much.

Apparently others did not feel that way as it looked like the next day the signature suites were showing sold out.

I had a V4 guarantee  and I  took the second up sell offer for a penthouse. For 14 days, after Seabourn applied the original onboard booking discount and I got my travel agent’s discount, it came out to ~ $1700 USD  per person.  Wondering if that’s truly worth it.  There were 6 penthouses on offer for an upgrade, and 5 were snapped up the first day, so I guess a lot of people thought it was.  Now, if they’ll just let us on the ship in Sydney...

linda 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:46 AM, whystayhome said:

I had a V4 guarantee  and I  took the second up sell offer for a penthouse. For 14 days, after Seabourn applied the original onboard booking discount and I got my travel agent’s discount, it came out to ~ $1700 USD  per person.  Wondering if that’s truly worth it.  There were 6 penthouses on offer for an upgrade, and 5 were snapped up the first day, so I guess a lot of people thought it was.  Now, if they’ll just let us on the ship in Sydney...

linda 

We just returned from a 21 day Antarctica cruise and stayed in a Penthouse. Whether it’s worth it is an individual consideration. We were floored by it and loved it especially for 21 days.