Regal receives failing grade on inspection

bluehengal

Regal Princess fails huge --  77 out of 100 points--- on failed health inspection.  We are to cruise on this ship on 3/29/20....very concerned.  Highly doubt the re-inspection will be prior to our scheduled cruise.  What happens in this type of situation?  

12 minutes ago, Stella11 said:

Regal Princess fails huge --  77 out of 100 points--- on failed health inspection.  We are to cruise on this ship on 3/29/20....very concerned.  Highly doubt the re-inspection will be prior to our scheduled cruise.  What happens in this type of situation?  

The ship will have a surprise re-inspection and hopefully all the deficiencies will be corrected. It should pass at 100% as I expect extra focus and attention is being given.  

If the ship were truly a health rIsk, the CDC/USPHS could have delayed the sailing for immediate action.  That is rare but it has happened in the past.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stella11 said:

Your cruise is a month away, it will be long corrected by then.

• Like 3

We just disembarked from her yesterday morning, and we found her to be very clean and bright. The Bistro section of the food court had an amazing variety of foods, especially at lunch (we never had dinner in there, but I'm assuming the array then would have also been great.) The hand washing stations at all the entrances to the food court were an excellent addition. The crew was cheerful, pleasant and helpful everywhere on the ship.

Embarkation was very speedy and convenient ….. we arrived at 11:30 and were in our cabin by 11:45. NO long lines and crowds milling around. Disembarkation was also very quick and efficient. We were impressed!!

It was our first time on one of the ships of this class (I've been on most of the other ships in the Princess fleet and was prepared to not like this class), and even though it seemed a bit more difficult to learn our way around, we agreed that we would sail on this class again if the right itinerary cropped up.

(PS. Those little fold-up maps they have always handed out at check-in are available from the Guest Services desk, which was VERY helpful.) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Dont always trust those ratings. Frequently I would go to place with one or two star rating and get like 5 star VIP elite service. I would rather listen to those who has been there

USPH sanitation scores have nothing to do with your level of service.  And, while the Regal's report does show some fundamental errors on the part of the ship's management, there were no real "front of house" issues (a couple of tongs being dropped by pax into the food, etc), as the post above you mentions, most of those deficiencies are not visible to the passengers.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chengkp75 said:

USPH sanitation scores have nothing to do with your level of service.  And, while the Regal's report does show some fundamental errors on the part of the ship's management, there were no real "front of house" issues (a couple of tongs being dropped by pax into the food, etc), as the post above you mentions, most of those deficiencies are not visible to the passengers.

What I ment to say is that sometimes the place is scored low due to it being dirty or smth. (Sanitation in general included). But when you get there it seems just alright. Maybe its just me 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

What I ment to say is that sometimes the place is scored low due to it being dirty or smth. (Sanitation in general included). But when you get there it seems just alright. Maybe its just me 

But, again, you go to a restaurant that has a great review, looks very clean, how do you know what the back of the house looks like?  Do you tour the walk in boxes, look under the sinks for evidence of pests, check ice makers for mold?  This is what the USPH reports do, they look at the things that you won't see, that could potentially affect your health.

• Like 5

On 2/24/2020 at 6:27 AM, Roger88 said:

Dont always trust those ratings. Frequently I would go to place with one or two star rating and get like 5 star VIP elite service. I would rather listen to those who has been there

How would "those who have been there" know whether the pools were properly sanitized?  Absent water that is visibly murky, I rely on the ships crew having done their jobs according to health and safety standards. 

• Like 1