What OBC for shareholder and defence service

GCHAN

Just now, GCHAN said:

I am a ex Australian defence member and i am aware there is an OBC allowance for that.

I am also aware that if i am a Carnival stockholder I am entitled to OBC.

Am i entitled to both?

Absolutely in the USA where mine are combinable & hopefully it’s the same in Australia.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, GCHAN said:

I am a ex Australian defence member and i am aware there is an OBC allowance for that.

I am also aware that if i am a Carnival stockholder I am entitled to OBC.

Am i entitled to both?

Yes you are.😁

In Australia you either fax the request, with supporting documents to Carnival at (02) 8326 4550, or write (snail mail) to 'Carnival Cruises, P.O. Box 1429, Chatswood, 2057'. They don't accept emailed requests. The Australian office doesn't act as quickly as the US one. My last request would've been received by Princess five days ago and it still isn't showing up. I will be away on a cruise for two weeks. If the OBC isn't on my Personalizer when I return I will phone them. 🙂

• Like 1

Princess allows you to stack the OBC unlike many other cruise lines (RCCL comes to mind).  I have been able to stack the military and stockholder OBC without any problem.  Here in the US providing one's DD214  is sufficient to permanently add military OBC to all future bookings.  I understand that other countries must request it each time.  I love to see it come up on all new bookings.   

• Like 1

Once your military service is in their records you will no longer need to submit it. Stock credit, on the other hand, will need to be submitted each time. At one time there was a time limit regarding how far out you could submit the stock credit but that seems to have gone away- I submitted CCL credit request a couple of days ago for cruises in November and December and that OBC is already showing in cruise personalizer!

9 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

Once your military service is in their records you will no longer need to submit it. Stock credit, on the other hand, will need to be submitted each time. At one time there was a time limit regarding how far out you could submit the stock credit but that seems to have gone away- I submitted CCL credit request a couple of days ago for cruises in November and December and that OBC is already showing in cruise personalizer!

Not so. The OP is in Australia. I was told by a Princess rep in the Sydney office that the stock statement has to be less than three months old at the time of the cruise. The request for the OBC has to be submitted more than three weeks prior to the cruise. So the window to apply is between three months and three weeks before the cruise.

With my last request, I included details of three cruises we have booked between April and December 2020. I have yet to see the OBC applied. It will be great if they don't now require a new stock statement for each cruise, but I don't really expect the policy to have changed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Not so. The OP is in Australia. I was told by a Princess rep in the Sydney office that the stock statement has to be less than three months old at the time of the cruise. The request for the OBC has to be submitted more than three weeks prior to the cruise. So the window to apply is between three months and three weeks before the cruise.

With my last request, I included details of three cruises we have booked between April and December 2020. I have yet to see the OBC applied. It will be great if they don't now require a new stock statement for each cruise, but I don't really expect the policy to have changed.

That is also stated on the form (I have a blank one in front of me) I was just giving my recent experience from here in the other "Colonies" 🙂

On 2/21/2020 at 3:06 PM, Thrak said:

Princess will let you "stack" as many sources of OBC as you can come up with. Be sure to get them all!

How many sources for OBC are there?  We love the stock holder and military credits, but are we missing out on other opportunities?

10 minutes ago, Nehalem Rose said:

How many sources for OBC are there?  We love the stock holder and military credits, but are we missing out on other opportunities?

There is also OBC from using Future Cruise Deposits (FCD) as your means of deposit. You purchase FCD while onboard for $100 each. You can use that FCD as your entire deposit for your upcoming cruise.  Depending on the length of cruise and type of cabin you get varying amounts of OBC. If there are multiple people in the cabin and each person uses FCD as deposit then each person gets the OBC - it is not just one per cabin like the Shareholder credit.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

Additionally there is Loyalty OBC. You get this for having sailed multiple times with Princess.

OBC for Loyalty

21 - 31 cruise credits $25 onboard cabin credit
32 - 41 cruise credits $50 onboard cabin credit
42 - 51 cruise credits $75 onboard cabin credit
52+ cruise credits $100 onboard cabin credit

Edited by Thrak

25 minutes ago, Thrak said:

There is also OBC from using Future Cruise Deposits (FCD) as your means of deposit. You purchase FCD while onboard for $100 each. You can use that FCD as your entire deposit for your upcoming cruise.  Depending on the length of cruise and type of cabin you get varying amounts of OBC. If there are multiple people in the cabin and each person uses FCD as deposit then each person gets the OBC - it is not just one per cabin like the Shareholder credit.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

Additionally there is Loyalty OBC. You get this for having sailed multiple times with Princess.

OBC for Loyalty

21 - 31 cruise credits $25 onboard cabin credit
32 - 41 cruise credits $50 onboard cabin credit
42 - 51 cruise credits $75 onboard cabin credit
52+ cruise credits $100 onboard cabin credit

Don't forget OBC from a Travel Agent.

OBC from Princess.

All can be combined, it can add up. We've gotten $1000+ for a single cruise.

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Don't forget OBC from a Travel Agent.

OBC from Princess.

All can be combined, it can add up. We've gotten $1000+ for a single cruise.

D'Oh! You are, of course, correct. I also forgot OBC from Referrals. We have $75 for 3 referrals on a cruise this Winter. This is also non-refundable. There is also purchased OBC. I applied my $250 in bonus e-card gift cards from the recent promo as OBC to a cruise.

The best we have done to date is $800 on a 14 day cruise but... We have a B2B2B this winter for 33 days. (6 days, 13 days, and 14 days all in the same cabin.) The cruises have included gratuities, WiFi, and beverage package so pretty well covered there. With Shareholder OBC, FCD OBC, Promotional OBC, Referral OBC, Purchased OBC (the aforementioned bonus e-card gift cards) and TA OBC we have a total of $1,950 AUD in OBC for those three cruises. I certainly never thought I'd be in this situation. For most of our cruises the daily gratuities have pretty well eaten all of the OBC.

Edited by Thrak

• 2 weeks later...