Tipping at end of cruise

We will be in a 2 bedroom grand suite on Harmony and are wondering what is the standard amount to tip at the end of the cruise.  We are specially thinking of the room steward and the concierge.  We have sailed on Ncl in suites and have had a butler.  I am not sure if we have one as well.  Please advise me as to the correct etiquette in this matter.

24 minutes ago, Tahoenation17 said:

We will be in a 2 bedroom grand suite on Harmony and are wondering what is the standard amount to tip at the end of the cruise.  We are specially thinking of the room steward and the concierge.  We have sailed on Ncl in suites and have had a butler.  I am not sure if we have one as well.  Please advise me as to the correct etiquette in this matter.

If you pre-pay or auto-pay gratuities that takes care of tips for you.

Of course if you feel you get exceptional service you are welcome to give additional cash tips at your discretion.

• Like 1

That's right...your cabin attendant is being tipped by the  daily tips (or service charge) the cruise line adds to your bill.  If you have a butler, or you use a concierge, then they are NOT covered by the daily tips....so tip what you feel their service was worth to you.  $20-100...depending on what you requested from them.

Although we understand the daily gratuities go to those who serve us, we still tip additionally to our steward.  We tip nightly in the specialty restaurants as we get the UDP and also tip the waiters when we use the plan for lunch.

We have had the best service on our cruises and feel the extra is just part of the cruise price.

On 2/21/2020 at 5:21 PM, Tahoenation17 said:

.... what is the standard amount to tip at the end of the cruise. ...... Please advise me as to the correct etiquette in this matter.

As stated, once you have paid your auto gratuities, your tips are covered.  Anything extra is up to you and there is no standard amount, that is the correct etiquette.