Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

Tonight is elegant night. I read recently that instead of ironing... the steam from the shower will get wrinkles out. So before I came down here I cranked the shower on scalding, hung my pants in the bathroom and closed the door.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

It’s a bit chilly out here with the wind. I’d say definitely the coldest cruise I’ve been on.

We’re sometimes cold and don’t pretend to be the obligatory Caribbean Sea cruise. But don’t worry, it should warm up as you head south. 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Tonight is elegant night. I read recently that instead of ironing the steam form the shower will get wrinkles out. So before I came down here I cranked the shower on scalding, hung my pants in the bathroom and closed the door.

Did It work?  

1 hour ago, TomCruise48 said:

Jeff,

Here are a couple of pics from 5211.  5218 should be similar.  If you have been on a Vista Class ship, you already know that the HVAC takes up one of the closet spaces, and interior cabins have only one closet to hang clothes.  The other closet has drawers, shelves, and the safe.  We brought our own hangers and put Carnival's wooden hangers under the bed so that we could fit more clothes in the closet.  We also brought several magnetic hooks that we used to hang the robes and our jackets on the walls.  

I'll look through some more pics later and  try to post a couple from the pool area.

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

Thanks Tom! Believe it or not we have not been on a Vista Class ship yet. We are booked on the Horizon and Panorama next year. Appreciate the photos. 😀

1 hour ago, TomCruise48 said:

Jeff,

Here are a couple of pics from 5211.  5218 should be similar.  If you have been on a Vista Class ship, you already know that the HVAC takes up one of the closet spaces, and interior cabins have only one closet to hang clothes.  The other closet has drawers, shelves, and the safe.  We brought our own hangers and put Carnival's wooden hangers under the bed so that we could fit more clothes in the closet.  We also brought several magnetic hooks that we used to hang the robes and our jackets on the walls.  

I'll look through some more pics later and  try to post a couple from the pool area.

IMG_1534.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

Looks basically the same as mine.

57 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

Did It work?  

It does work. It’s not perfect. But it’s a lot better than it was. I should’ve hung it up in there yesterday. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

At 4 I headed down to alchemy for opening. I barely got here in time. It had only been open 5 mins and there was only one bar spot left. Of course Zoran is the only alchemist here. I told him rum or vodka sweet. He had the bar waiter Doan make it. Now this is good. It’s a pineapple rum drink.

04039F6F-2F0D-4C7E-A7C0-7F6A21EA1C11.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2020 at 5:46 PM, Saint Greg said:

I saw someone posted it's mid-60's in Cabo. We have highs as high as 74 here next week so I may be going to cooler weather.

Mid 70s are perfect weather for Cabo! When we were there in May for a week, it was in the mid to high 70s everyday! By the sea it was very tolerable and comfortable. In the desert it was brutal!

MDR was a challenge to get an acceptable table. All of the tables like I had at breakfast were taken. They take me to a table that is along that glass but it’s a table for four extremely close to another table for four.

I show him another open table I see that’s acceptable. We have to walk all the way back to the front. She checks and finds it’s already reserved. She assigns me another one and finally I get an acceptable table. A two top with the chair and booth on the end. Bonus the people who were seated next to me needed to tables pushed together so that put them twice as far away.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks Tom! Believe it or not we have not been on a Vista Class ship yet. We are booked on the Horizon and Panorama next year. Appreciate the photos. 😀

Jeff,

Here are three pics of the Havana Pool area.  If it had been 10 or 20 degrees warmer, we would have made better use of it.  One of the neat things that I was not aware of is that every day guests in the Havana Pool area were served a frozen fruit dish with frozen melon balls and a large frozen strawberry. Enjoy your upcoming cruises.  We would have seen you and Patti again on the Mardi Gras Journeys cruise this fall had it not been cancelled.

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1632.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG