Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

9 hours ago, pamici said:

Mine didn't, but maybe transfer in a little of the solution that will be sloshing around in the container? My kids like to suck out the air in a ziplock when they put their phones in one, but you could be risking a less than tasty surprise if you tried it here ...

I’m definitely going to have to put them in a bag. I don’t know why I thought I could make room for it...only if I don’t want to bring clothes.

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I may consider that. I was looking at it on a computer earlier and it looked like they asked for a pickup time and no flight info. Looking at it on my phone it’s asking for flight arrival time and flight number and all that. 

Looks like an extra $25-30 vs. uber/lyft but might be worth it rather than waiting on the laxit shuttle then waiting with god knows how many people for an uber/lyft.

Will he wear a fancy hat and hold up a sign with my name on it?

It's definitely worth the extra money.  My boss returned from a trip to LAX 2 weeks ago.  I, being the wonderfully perfect Executive Assistant, told him I'd get him a car service and explained the clusterf*&#k that is  LAX-it to him.  He being the I know what I'm doing man waived me off and said no, he'd use Uber/Lyft.  On his return I got a very nice gift card and an obligatory "As usual, I should have listened to you."  Took him over 20 minutes to get to the LAX-it area via the bus and another 35 to get a Lyft.  He said it was like being at Six Flags waiting in line, but with luggage.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, figmentfreak said:

It's definitely worth the extra money.  My boss returned from a trip to LAX 2 weeks ago.  I, being the wonderfully perfect Executive Assistant, told him I'd get him a car service and explained the clusterf*&#k that is  LAX-it to him.  He being the I know what I'm doing man waived me off and said no, he'd use Uber/Lyft.  On his return I got a very nice gift card and an obligatory "As usual, I should have listened to you."  Took him over 20 minutes to get to the LAX-it area via the bus and another 35 to get a Lyft.  He said it was like being at Six Flags waiting in line, but with luggage.

What about the hat and the sign though?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Its coming today. But I finished packing and there isn’t room for even the regular Clorox wipes dispenser you buy in the store.

I'm going back and forth with myself over packing, and overpacking. Logically, I should only need about 3 pairs of shorts, twice as many tanks, and a couple of hoodies or button ups, plus a couple each of dresses and swimwear. I'll be gone a total of 6 days, but there's no self-serve laundry on Royal. I know I've packed at least twice as much as I need and I'm thinking about re-doing the whole mess.

10 minutes ago, pamici said:

I'm going back and forth with myself over packing, and overpacking. Logically, I should only need about 3 pairs of shorts, twice as many tanks, and a couple of hoodies or button ups, plus a couple each of dresses and swimwear. I'll be gone a total of 6 days, but there's no self-serve laundry on Royal. I know I've packed at least twice as much as I need and I'm thinking about re-doing the whole mess.

I've had to seriously cut back my packing since I started flying with a smaller suitcase. I did it with a 6-day last cruise and didn't do laundry. This cruise it has to be done with a 7-day and two days post cruise. I believe I have 3 pair of shorts, 2 pair of jeans (I'll wear a 3rd on), 1 pair of dockers, 5 T-shirts, 3 polos, 1 button down, 15 socks/underwear.

In Galveston or New Orleans when I bring the beast on I probably bring enough for me to change clothes 3 times per day.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I've had to seriously cut back my packing since I started flying with a smaller suitcase. I did it with a 6-day last cruise and didn't do laundry. This cruise it has to be done with a 7-day and two days post cruise. I believe I have 3 pair of shorts, 2 pair of jeans (I'll wear a 3rd on), 1 pair of dockers, 5 T-shirts, 3 polos, 1 button down, 15 socks/underwear.

In Galveston or New Orleans when I bring the beast on I probably bring enough for me to change clothes 3 times per day.

OK, you make me feel a lot better. Yeah, and you have a long and varied itinerary. Admirable packing getting everything you will need into a smaller suitcase!

2 hours ago, figmentfreak said:

Now that I cannot confirm.  Let me know if you use them, I'm using them for my Sept Panorama cruise.

See this is the part that makes me wonder.

LAX Pickup Instruction

Step 1: Exit the double doors outside the Baggage Claim Area.
Step 2: Go to the White Curb which is the loading and unloading Passenger area
Step 3: At this time, if you have not received a phone call from us, please call our Dispatch Department at 1-800-733-8267 and select option 3 or our Vehicle Status Line at 1-310-464-0372.
Step 4: Provide the Dispatch Agent with your reservation number. The agent will check you in and provide the latest information regarding your reservation.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, katstoy said:

Yup!  Those margaritas to go after lunch are awesome!  i liked sitting and drinking and people watching while the rest of the crew goes shopping.

I meant to say that it is not illegal to drink in the streets in Mexico!  At least it;s not in Puerto Vallarta as we've taken unfinished drinks out of restaurants and have ordered margaritas to to go.  This is what happens when you read the first post too quick.. I thought it read was it legal, not illegal!

See this is the part that makes me wonder.

LAX Pickup Instruction

Step 1: Exit the double doors outside the Baggage Claim Area.
Step 2: Go to the White Curb which is the loading and unloading Passenger area
Step 3: At this time, if you have not received a phone call from us, please call our Dispatch Department at 1-800-733-8267 and select option 3 or our Vehicle Status Line at 1-310-464-0372.
Step 4: Provide the Dispatch Agent with your reservation number. The agent will check you in and provide the latest information regarding your reservation.

😬

4 minutes ago, pamici said:

Oh, dear! 1.5 rating with over 300 reviews. Ouch.

I read all of their reviews for this year and only one was good. Now I don't know what level of service they bought. You have to get the executive sedan for curbside. But I won't be happy if I pay nearly double the price only to wait an hour and a half for a prius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The tourist attraction/restaurant is called El Eden. Went there many years ago. It is high up in the jungle and the road is extremely rough. You can pick your own cuts of meat at and tortillas are made fresh at the restaurant too. You can catch a van/driver from the pier.

MEXICO CRUISE 067.jpg

MEXICO CRUISE 069.jpg

MEXICO CRUISE 068.jpg

MEXICO CRUISE 072.jpg

• Like 1

Saint Greg will keep an eye out for you.  We are sailing HAL Oosterdam 2/29 out of San Diego, same ports as Panorama is visiting.

We wanted to try something different as we have only sailed Carnival 20+ times!

From what I read it can be windy and the seas rockin n rollin on sea days....but any day on a ship is a good day IMO!

PS - just signed up for your web site as well.

Have a great cruise and travel time!

Susan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

Saint Greg will keep an eye out for you.  We are sailing HAL Oosterdam 2/29 out of San Diego, same ports as Panorama is visiting.

We wanted to try something different as we have only sailed Carnival 20+ times!

From what I read it can be windy and the seas rockin n rollin on sea days....but any day on a ship is a good day IMO!

PS - just signed up for your web site as well.

Have a great cruise and travel time!

Susan

Thanks! You do the same!

I read all of their reviews for this year and only one was good. Now I don't know what level of service they bought. You have to get the executive sedan for curbside. But I won't be happy if I pay nearly double the price only to wait an hour and a half for a prius.

I just used PTS Executive Service at LAX in January for our Panorama cruise.  We had a couple of flight delays so that was not on them, but we did end up standing on the curb waiting for a while even after we collected our luggage and followed the directions in the email confirmation.  

That being said, it was a full size black Cadillac Escalade for me and my mother, so at least no Prius after that!

• Like 1

It seems like I had the opposite experience as everyone else at LAX for Uber. Hopped onto the bus no problem. I was even able to put my luggage by my feet and didn't have to stack it by the door. The bus had us in the pickup lot in a few minutes; however, I came from Toronto so I got on at an earlier terminal (maybe Terminal 4?) with a nearly empty bus. The higher numbered terminals closer to the lot had no chance but there were also plenty of buses waiting to go behind us. Personally, if you don't have mobility issues or too much luggage I would try walking to the lot if you're getting full buses. For the most part it's pretty well marked as long as you can get to Terminal 1 (I think there's a covered walkway between 7 and 1? Someone please help me out).

At the actual lot it only looks insane. You get dropped off, go forward a bit, cross left for Lyft, right for Uber. You don't drop a pin. Instead Uber/Lyft knows you're at the LAXit lot and has a different menu. It's also why you will only get a range as the fare estimate. Not sure about Lyft but for Uber I plugged in my destination, it gave me my estimate and a 6-digit pin. There are two crossings for Uber. First was for people with no pin code (no clue what was going on there because I was waved through to the next curb really quickly) and the second is the people with pins. You join another very fast moving line where you get ushered to the first available car. Say hello, show the driver your pin, confirm where you're going and you're off. It was pretty fast to leave the lot and according to my driver they spend far less time idling this way than before. I was in and out of that lot in 10 minutes and 5 of those minutes were spent fiddling with my phone trying to get my roaming to work and comparing prices. Be warned this was on a friday at 5pm-ish so I think I just lucked out with it being a slower time.

• Like 1